Chapter 19: I Want To Kill You A Little Less

Finn

The Zombies in front of the house rushed towards Ashton but once they got close they stopped and walked away, looking for someone else to eat.

Holy shit!

She really might be the cure.

Or at least a defense against the dead.

I can't believe what I just witnessed!

"Oh my god! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Amy screamed, running to his aid.

Tommy helped her drag him back inside and shut the door just as the Zombies took notice and started banging on the walls and windows trying to get in.

"It worked. I can't believe it actually worked." She said, looking just as surprised as the rest of us.

Whatever was different about Nova was in her blood. I don't know how she figured that out but she did. I'd really like to know how her mind works because I never would've thought of that.

"What if that didn't work?! You could've killed him!" Amy shouted, stepping towards Nova.

"Better him than one of my people." She glared, squaring up to Amy.

She was a good few inches taller than Amy and I could see the fear slowly creep in the girl until she backed away from Nova realizing her mistake.

Nova's look scared me and I'm not even the one she's mad at.

"Amy it's okay. I'm fine. You're a fucking bitch for that." Ashton said as he came around and stood, rubbing his nose and glaring at Nova.

Nova ignored him and cut her arm deeper, wiping her blood on all of us and even Booker too. Something else I observed was she had to cut her arm twice because the first wound healed rather quickly but no one else seemed to notice. I really want to know why she's different. In every way she is different too.

"This should work. Now we need to go so get moving!"

We made our way outside and saw it was even worse. There were hundreds of Zombies running around the compound. We tried to get to the car but there was too many. We had to take some out first. They were ignoring us though and while I was still nervous about being around so many of them I wasn't as scared as I probably should've been.

"We need to get the ones around the car. Are you ready?" Nova asked, her bat flipping in her hand.

"As I'll ever be." I replied as she looked up at me.

"Booker wait. Everyone else let's go."

We started taking out the ones surrounding the jeep. Tommy finally got to use his ax, and Finch was using her weapon too. Nova and I were a team, taking them out together. She even smiled at me and stole a quick kiss to my cheek when I took one out that had knocked her into the jeep. They were all avoiding her, as usual, and still avoiding us too but they were in our way and we needed to get the fuck out of here. I was basically clearing a path for her to take them out and I believe I'm having a lot more fun than I probably should be.

"Help me!" A lady screamed, running for us.

She had a kid in her arms but there was too many.

She was going down.

Nova started flying through Zombies like they were nothing, trying to make her way towards the woman. She was kicking Zombies to the ground, stomping on their heads, and taking them down with her bat as well. She really was a badass.

A Zombie tackled the lady to the ground and bit into her neck. The woman shoved the Zombie off and ran over to Nova, practically throwing the kid into her arms.