Prologue

"It's not bad to dream. But you also have to consider what's realistic, young man."

"You're below the rejects! You're quirkless!"

"You should probably give it up.

"I'm sorry, Izuku!"

These were the last words his mind keeps on repeating before the darkness. Familiar voices from far away. It was too painful. He can't breathe, he can't scream, he can't cry. Just pure pain and darkness. Somehow, he knew that he's dying. But he has no regrets.

'Kacchan is safe,' he thought. Wait. Kacchan was in danger? That's not right. Kacchan is strong. He's going to be a great hero. Me too.

"It's not bad to dream. But you also have to consider what's realistic, young man."

"You're below the rejects! You're quirkless!"

"You should probably give it up.

"I'm sorry, Izuku!"

Huh? Those words again. Who are they from? He knows the last was his mom's. What she is sorry about? Is she's crying? He should go back. He hates when mom is crying. He hates when someone is sad. Someday, he will be like All Might! He will save everyone with a smile and they won't feel sad anymore! He will be a great hero once he got his quirk! But then, he is dying.

Dying? Is he dying? No. He is just sleeping. He will wake up soon. He needs to. Mom will bring him to the doctor. Mom said the doctor will help them to know his quirk. And then, Kacchan won't call him 'Deku' anymore. And then, they will both be heroes. Like All Might!

But he feels really tired. And hurt. He doesn't know why. He wanted to cry. He's scared. But he is only dreaming. Or this is a nightmare. It's okay. This will end soon. He just needs to wake up. It will end soon.

End soon.

End soon.

End.

End.

End.