Chapter 9

Aizawa's mind went blank. After the evaluation of the entrance exam, he tried to looked for Izuku in the whole campus. No matter how big it was, he didn't give up until he'll see to himself the kid wasn't there, alone. When Yamada asked him what was he doing, he just told him he lost his key. He refused to accept his co-worker's offer to help him.

It was already dark and he knew that he needed to go home before Nedzu will bother him. He then remembered the last time Izuku disappeared, he always come back to his place. That gave him a hope.

And sure enough, there was the green bean, sleeping beside Shoya. Aizawa never felt so relieved in his life. He never thought how a dead child will give him the feelings he never experienced before.

All of his life, he only has his grandparents as a family but he was never worried for them. They might be old, but they're still strong to defend themselves and they live in a very safe place. But Izuku, he's a stranger. A ghost. A mysterious child. And yet, Aizawa felt that he needed to protect him, from what, he has no idea.

He gently brushed the hair of the sleeping child. Shoya watched him like a hawk spying. He knew that what happened in the entrance exam was caused by Izuku. It's like watching a child who used his quirk unconsciously for the first time. But that will be strange because Izuku was quirkless. He might gained a spiritual power but it shouldn't be that strong. And his eyes, in a second, Aizawa was terrified.

"What are you, problem child?" he whispered. The more he learned about him, the more it confused him.

"Meow." Shoya grabbed his attention. Aizawa petted him before he went to the bathroom to take a shower. He was exhausted, physically and mentally. And so is the ghost. He'll ask him tomorrow. For now, the pro hero was contented that Izuku didn't entirely disappeared.

"So, he finally used it."

"What exactly did you give him?!"

"Relax, Gaizka. You should focus on that heroes of yours."

"I don't like this. The future is changing. And so are the people's destiny."

"But you see, I was trying to save more people."

"BY SACRIFICING THE OTHERS!"

"What are you so mad about? Compared to the fortune you wanted, this will be much better. Or are you thinking I am stealing your job."

"I am mad of you playing the destiny of humans for your entertainment. If I didn't know better, I would even think you wanted them to extinct."

"And what made you think I am not doing exactly what you said?"

"Because I might not be able to completely understand you, but I know you, brother."

Izuku cannot remember what happened yesterday during the entrance exam. Even though Aizawa explained it to him, he just looked at the adult like he was speaking a totally different language. So, Aizawa didn't push the topic any longer.

"But can you promise me that you'll tell me if you feel anything weird or if you remembered something, okay?" Izuku cannot understand why but he nodded. "Promise!"

Aizawa smiled, "Good boy." He ruffled the kid's green hair. Izuku giggled. He likes it when Aizawa pet his head. It feels warm. Like sun warm.

In UA, Aizawa noticed that Izuku doesn't react anymore every time they encounter All Might. Although he also didn't pay any attention to him, like he doesn't exist. He was more curious to Nedzu like the principal was a fascinating puzzle he wanted to play and solve. If that was a good thing or not, Aizawa decided not to think about it.

"Shouta! Did you find your key yesterday?" Yamada asked him. Aizawa just nodded. "Where?"

"In my pocket."

"That was so unlike you! Are you really okay? Did the ghost in your apartment possessed you?" Aizawa didn't answer him. "But don't worry! I bought you this!"

Aizawa was surprised when Yamada splashed him with water. "What the f***?!" Yamada didn't stop, instead he also threw him some salt.

"YAMADA HIZASHI! I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T STOP THIS INSTANT..." Aizawa was stopped when he heard Izuku laughing. "Aizawa-san! Me too! Me too! I want to play water! I want to play water!"

'Great. Does it looked like we were playing?' Aizawa sighed which didn't go unnoticed by his friend.

"See! It is working! I knew holy water will make the ghost away! Did the salt helped too?" Yamada looked proud. Izuku was jumping excitedly on his side.

"It didn't work." Aizawa said in a tired tone.

"It didn't? Really? Hmm. Should I try another method?" Yamada didn't even wait for his reply. He walked towards his computer to researched more, leaving the bottle of holy water on Aizawa's table. Izuku poked it until it fell on the floor and Aizawa picked it up.

"Can we play water?" Izuku asked him. Aizawa checked the time, the class should start soon. He grabbed the Heroes History book and went outside.

"Later," he answered to the child, who smiled and cheered.

"Yeah, yeah, see you later." Yamada said thinking he was talking to him.

That night, Aizawa was soaking wet after giving the black cat his first bath. Not because the cat resist or tried to fight back, but because he gave Izuku a water gun that he bought before going home. Unfortunately, he never thought he will become the target. It was cold and he didn't like it a bit. But he didn't complain. Don't ask him why.

Once on bed, Izuku cuddled to him. "Aizawa-san?"

"Hmm?"

"Can we play again?" Aizawa paused for a moment. "Maybe but no water next time." Summer vacation was coming. Although they still have work, he still will have more free time.

"Then, can we play a different game?" Izuku asked again. Aizawa turned to his side and hugged the child with his arm. "Please?"

"Sleep now then I'll think about it." Izuku smiled. "Thank you Aizawa-san," he whispered. Aizawa didn't answer, but he ruffled the boy's hair. It didn't take long before Shoya joined them in the bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I never thought I will ever reach a 1K views. Thank you everyone!

And to show my gratitude, I decided to give you few facts about this fanfic. :)

1. The meaning of Azrail is 'the reaper' or 'angel of death' while Gaizka is 'the saviour'.

2. Before I started writing the chapter 4, I never planned to include Gaizka on the story. It was a last minute decision.

3. I am planning to put who I think is the UA traitor.

4. Spinel's role was to provide Izuku the energy he needed. This has a connection with Izuku's power.

5. Izuku's power came from his parents' quirk (that's why they needed to die). Azrail just made it more powerful.

I know this is kinda lame, but if you guys have any question that I can answer, feel free to ask! As of now, I wanted to thank you for all the support.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

AND HAVE A HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!