Chapter 6

Aizawa was glad that he stopped patrolling at night since he became a teacher. The agency will only call him if he's needed as a back-up. He also accepts cover shift during school vacation and internship season. Truthfully, he missed working as an underground hero. Now, he was just really thankful that he's only out of house every school time. Why? Because he can't leave the kid unattended.

He was called for emergency back-up to raid the hide-out of a big organization that sells drugs. He left Izuku at home asleep. With All Might, Ectoplasm, and Fat Gum, they were able to defeat the villains with just half an hour. Once all the report was signed, Aizawa went home.

And that's how the problem child become a real problem child. He was expecting him in bed, still asleep. But what welcomed him was the boy holding a big black cat. And his sofa with scratches. Don't even mention the tv on the floor, broken.

Aizawa wanted to be mad and scold the boy. He really do. But how can he do that when he was there, standing in front of him, smiling proudly like he achieved something incredible? All he can do right now, was sigh.

"Izuku, tell me, where did you get that? And what happened while I'm gone?" he asked. Izuku smiled widely, "Aizawa-san was not home and I went outside to find you but then there was 'meow meow' inside the, uhm, big box with dirty stuff. So, I opened it and I found Shoya!" He looks really proud.

"And you decided to bring him home?" Izuku nodded. "What happened to the sofa and tv?" Izuku cocked his head to the side, confused. He looked around and for the first time, noticed how messy the living room was. What Aizawa learned about Izuku was that he always cries. He knew that kids were sensitive but Izuku, he's special.

"I-I'm so-sorry, Aizawa-san. P-Please d-don't be m-mad." And there's the infamous tears. But no matter how used Aizawa was, it doesn't mean it stopped bothering him. He hates when a kid threw a tantrum, but Izuku never did that. He's just too emotional.

Aizawa sighed. He knelt down and tried to hold the cat from the boy but it ran away before he could touch it. Izuku wiped his tears with his hands.

Now that he thought about it, the boy never really asked for anything. Not even a toy. And it's not like Aizawa hates cats. In fact, if only pets are allowed, he already adopted at least two or three.

"What did you name him again?" Izuku sniffed. "Shoya. B-because he looks like you."

Decision made. They will keep the cat. "Have you fed him?" Izuku shook his head. "Then, why don't you get the leftover tuna and gave it to him while I clean up here."

He nodded before he ran to the kitchen while calling Shoya. Aizawa started to clean. He can't do anything about the sofa but the tv will definitely needed to be throw away. He wondered if he should buy a new one. He doesn't usually watch but it might be needed to entertain the kid every time Aizawa was out.

After scooping the broken pieces of the screen of the tv, Aizawa felt a hand lightly pulling his shirt, he looked down. "A-Aizawa-san, I'm sorry." Izuku watery eyes looking at him.

Aizawa ruffled his hair, "It's okay, kid. But we might need to keep Shoya a secret outside the home, okay?" Izuku nodded and hugged him.

Another thing Aizawa learned about Izuku, he's hug was cold, but it warmed the pro-hero's heart.

Unknown to them, the black cat was watching them with interest. His eyes were calculating the power that cannot be seen by anyone from earth, other than those who possessed dark aura of underground world. 'It's starting. Azrail-sama will be pleased once he'll see this.'

"Aizawa, it's been awhile." A tall man with a short black hair greeted him. "I'm glad you we were able to meet me today."

"Thank you for the time, Tsukauchi. I know you must be busy." Aizawa sat on the opposite chair. They were in cafe near Musutafu Police Department. They ordered coffee for themselves. While waiting, they started the discussion.

"Here are the files that you requested last week. As you wanted, I traced the parents of Midoriya Izuku. It seems like they were not together for years. Although Midoriya Hisashi sends child support from abroad, I discovered that he hired a lawyer to process their divorce paper. Midoriya Izuku lived with his mother. Unfortunately," he paused and intently staring at Aizawa. The waitress served their coffee and left. "Both of them died the same day their son's death."

Aizawa was shocked. "What's the cause?" he asked. "It was unknown. But according to the autopsy that I got, Mrs. Midoriya died a few minutes after the interview with the police. It took them a week to realize that her corpse was the cause of the strong smell from her apartment." Aizawa's hands were shaking. "The police contacted Midoriya Hisashi, but they found out that he died approximately the same day of his wife, with unknown cause."

The hair of his back stood up. He was sweating but he feels cold. This was not what he was expecting. It doesn't give him any lead. In fact, it gives him more questions. 'What the hell really happened?'

Tsukauchi was observing him. "Now, I think it is my turn to asked you some questions." He can feel the suspicions of the detective. "What is your connection to the Midoriya family?"

Aizawa sipped the cup of his coffee to clear out the nonexistence block in his throat. He knew that Tsukauchi will asked him this, and he already decided what to answer. "I think that Midoriya Izuku is haunting me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Warning! You might not like my note.

When I was a kid, I met a black stray cat who loves to stay in our backyard. I am an animal lover but my dad never allowed me to be near them due to my asthma. But I secretly feed the black stray cat. I don't finish my lunch to save some food for him. I named him "Blackie" because of his color. He's the sweetest stray cat I've ever met.

One day, I saw the cat again, for the last time. But not in my backyard. He's in the middle of the street near our house, dead. I cried for nights and I cannot forget how he looked like. It was the worst thing I saw that year.

That's why, I am dedicating this chapter to Blackie. I loved him.

Please, even though you're not an animal lover, I hoped that people will still find a place in their heart to treat them with kindness. They might be animals, but it doesn't mean they don't feel anything. Do not abandon them. If you can't take care of your pet anymore, please find someone who could love them. Until now, I was still hoping that Blackie was given a happy life and he didn't suffer that much.

Thank you for your time to read this. Have a great day everyone!