Chapter 3

It's been three days already and Aizawa was now dealing with all the paperworks left after he expelled the first year class he was assigned to. Although the parents gave him a headache, he still stick to his decision. Not even Nedzu can change his mind.

But in spite of his busy days, he still can't help thinking about Izuku, especially what he finds out yesterday.

Name: Izuku Midoriya

Age: 14Quirk: Quirkless

Birthday: July 15 , XXXX

Town: Musutafu, Japan

Family: Inko Midoriya & Hisashi Midoriya

Status: Dead

Cause of Death: Interfered during the sludge villain attack.

There is a picture of a teenager with green hair and eyes on the upper left of the first page that Tsukauchi sent to him thru fax. On the second page was the description of the incident that was written by a journalist who witnessed everything. But all Aizawa read is how All Might were able to save the first victim, who has a strong quirk, and the recklessness of the second victim who died after All Might defeated the villain due to suffocation caused by the said sludge villain. They didn't even include the name of the kid. The rest of the article was about how strong the no.1 hero was and praises to the first victim, who fortunately, survived.

"I'm sorry but this is all the information I could give you. I don't know why you want it but I hope it helps you." Tsukauchi said when he called him.

Aizawa observed the picture once more. The innocent smile and somehow determined but sad eyes gave him chill. He knew that this kid was the same kid he saw inside his apartment, just a younger version. Also, the date of the incident was the night he met Izuku.

He also can't stop his irritation about how All Might failed to saved the kid and how the media seems to blame the kid of his own death. If Izuku's soul really can't rest, then Aizawa hoped he'll haunt these people instead of him. And why Izuku chose to show up to him rather than his family. Or maybe, his family met his ghost already. But then, Izuku said that he don't know where his family was. And why it seems like he's the only one who can see and hear him? Aizawa has so many questions, but it will remain unanswered.

"So, how's your ghost?" Aizawa was startled with Yamada's voice behind him. Instead of answering, he resumed on finishing his work. It was lunch break so the office started to filled in with the other teachers who enjoyed their meal while talking with each other.

"Come on, Shouta! Tell me, did he showed up again?" Yamada just won't leave him. Aizawa sigh. "No."

"So, it was really a ghost?" Yamada gasp. Aizawa decided to ignore the question.

Meanwhile, in Aizawa's apartment, the television was turned on. The channel was keep on changing until it stopped on the cartoons show about a blue cat who has a pocket in front. Izuku sat on the old black sofa. He likes heroes, although he can't remember any of them, or their names, or why he likes it. He just know that he likes them. But he also likes cat. Cats are cute, but this cat is also really smart and has a cool quirk. So, he watched him all day while waiting for the man with black suit and white scarf returned. 

Aizawa was tired. He don't want to deal with anyone right now. But the kid was back, smiling at him. He observed the surroundings and noticed the television on.

"Izuku, did you turn on the t.v?" He asked. Izuku nodded. "How? Because I can't find the remote."

"Uhm, I just turn it on. I don't know how." Izuku answered. 'Okay. I need to figure this out before I'll go crazy.'

"Let's sit, kid." Izuku followed him in the dining table and sit beside him. "I have questions for you, can you answer it for me?" He nodded.

"How did you get in?" Izuku put his hand on his chin and started to think very hard before answering. "Uh, I don't know Mr. Scarfman, I really don't remember." He looked really sad, "I'm sorry."

This is gonna be harder than Aizawa thought. "Okay, first of all, you can call me Aizawa. Now, Izuku, can you tell me how old you are?"

"I'm four!" He proudly said.

"Do you know your full name?"

"Izuku!"

"How about your last name?" Izuku looked confused. "I - I don't know. I'm sorry." Why does he always looked like a sad puppy.  "It's okay not to know stuff. Just tell me what you remember, okay?"

Izuku once again started to think carefully. Aizawa was getting impatient when the kid didn't say a word for a whole five minutes but he didn't bother him.

When he finally get a response from him, Izuku looked terrified and started to tear up. Aizawa got panic and hold the child's hand, inspite of his doubt of the kid's solidity due to his transparent appearance. Surprisingly, it worked. Izuku's hand is cold, really cold. He holds him tightly.

"Kid, what happened? Are you okay?" Izuku didn't answer but his cry was getting louder. Aizawa not knowing what to do, pulled the kid to him and hug his small body. The child was surprised but he hugged him back.

"I-I ca-can't remember any-thing. I tried, but, but it was scary. And I don't know why it's scary. But then I know I need to remember butitwasreallyscaryandIjustwanttostayherewithyoubecauseyouarenotscarybutIknowyouwanttoknowwheremyparentisbutIamscaredandI...."

"Hush. It's okay. I didn't understand half of what you said but if it's scares you, then you don't need to remember. How about you stay here with me for awhile?" Aizawa didn't know why he said that, but he does not want the idea of the kid by himself, ghost or not.

"Re-really?" Izuku stopped crying and looked at him. Aizawa nodded. He knew that he might regret this, but seeing the bright smile the child gave him was enough to stopped think about of what will happen. "Thank you, Aizawa-san!"

'Now that I think about it, I can touch and hold him. There is a big possibility that he's not a ghost and everything was caused by the kid's quirk. I need to make sure.'

"Kid, can you stay still for a second?" Izuku nodded. Aizawa put his index and middle fingers on the carotid artery on the side of the neck of the kid. His eyes widen when he confirmed something. The kid does not have a pulse.