Chapter 22

"I heard you've been warned again. What did you do?" Aizawa asked the moment he closed the door of Nedzu's office.

"They cannot touch me. They were just insulted for being outsmart by an animal, again." Nedzu gave Aizawa a cup of coffee which confused the pro-hero. Usually, Nedzu will insist a tea, but will never offer a coffee. "I cannot understand why you prefer a sweet coffee over a delicious tea, but if that will relax you even just a bit, I wouldn't mind to give it to you." Nedzu answered Aizawa's confusion.

Aizawa tasted the coffee, and yes, it was sweet, just like how he wants it. Nedzu waited for him to settle down before he gave him the copy of his research. "These are the documents I found from the government security records." Aizawa read the dates. "These are before the Quirk Era." Nedzu nodded.

"It was the past that the government wanted to forget. A war that is the people from that time knew is happening, but unaware of how it ends. A war between two genius teenagers, which I believe that might be connected to Izuku-kun's case." Nedzu paused. "Eraserhead, I wanted you to open your mind of all the things I will tell you. I do not have all of the evidence due to the impossibility of the event, but my instinct tells me to trust what the book says."

"What book?" Nedzu showed him the book that he found in the library (he has no plan to return it). "The Reaper's Gift?" Aizawa read the title.

"It was an untold story of the war that I mentioned, and the center of it is a notebook called 'Death Note'."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning to ALL DEATH NOTE fans. I used the film Death Note: The Last Name (2006) instead of the manga and anime as my reference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"A mysterious killer called 'Kira' appears in Japan that killed hundreds of criminals in just a few days. Caused of death? Heart Attack." Nedzu started. Aizawa's eyebrow raised. 'Heart attack? By a quirkless person?'

"The National Police Agency lead the investigation but unfortunately, they were clueless. That was until 'L', a world-renowned criminal profiler, joined in. He deducted that Kira needs to know the real name and the face of a person to kill him. He also knew that Kira was a university student with the same age as his and it didn't take long for him to know who it is, but of course, L needs proof. The battles between the two were entertaining, I would say. A lot of other people were involved which confused the NPA, including the appearance of the second Kira. But at the end, it was revealed that both of the 'Kira' used a Shinigami notebook to control and kill their victims." Nedzu sipped his tea and gave Aizawa a chance to digest what was said. After a minute, he continued. "L were able to prove the identities of the first and second Kira, but he used the death note and his life for the NPA to agree on his plan. It worked, unfortunately, the first Kira died with the hands of the Shinigami while the second Kira lost her memories."

"Wait. How did they find out that the notebook was from the Shinigami?" Aizawa asked.

"It was actually two death notes. Anyone who touched those notebooks will be able to see the Shinigami who owned the notebook."

Aizawa was awed and unsure of the story. If only he didn't have a ghost child following him, he wouldn't even dare to believe the existence of a Shinigami. He looked at the papers Nedzu gave to him and yes, it contained the case of 'Kira', signed by the head of NPA that time, and other witnesses. He glanced to the book, "Does this book mentioned the case as well?"

"As a matter of fact, yes. The book even provides more information of the spiritual world than what we knew. It mentioned how 'The Savior' named Gaizka and the 'The Reaper', Azrail had a conflict after the event. Gaizka prohibited all the Shinigami handled by Azrail that has their own death note to go to earth again."