Chapter 7

Tsukauchi was surprised, which was expected. But it was only for a moment. "Are you sure it was Midoriya Izuku?" He asked. Now, it was Aizawa's turn to be surprised.

"You believe me?" The detective snorted. "Have you forgotten about my quirk? It tells me if a person was telling the truth or not."

"No. That's why I am telling you this. If someone who could believe me, it will be you. But you took it easier than I thought." Aizawa explained. He drinks the coffee that was almost forgotten.

In spite of the appearance and normality of quirks, spirits such as ghost was still a myth that people wouldn't believe. Even Aizawa will never thought in his life that it exists.

"So, was it really Midoriya Izuku?" He repeated. Aizawa nodded. "He said his name is Izuku. He just looks like exactly the kid on the picture you sent me, just ten years younger version."

"What do you mean?"

"Izuku's spirit, at least I believe, is now a four years old child. He can't remember anything other than his first name and age. He doesn't know that he's dead. And I don't even think he's aware of being alive." Tsukauchi was confused. "Why don't you tell me the whole story?" So, Aizawa did.

"Hmm. I don't see anything strange to it. He's character was similar to the old fictional horror movies back when quirk was still nonexistence. They don't know that they're dead or even cares about what alive people needed. They're just a lost soul." Tsukauchi explained. "And if I'm not mistaken, some of them appearance will be according to the happiest, if not best time or age of their lives."

Aizawa was impressed. "You know a lot." Tsukauchi laughed. "I just like watching movies as a past time. If Midoriya's soul is a four years old, then that was before he was diagnosed as quirkless. At least, that's my theory." But in an instance, his expression got serious. "The question is, why you're the only one who seems has the connection with him and not the people who he met before when he's still alive?"

"Azrail-sama, I am now with the child just like what you've wanted."

"Good work. And his power?"

"It is still weak, but it won't be a problem. I can provide him the rightful amount of energy so his access will get stronger."

"I hope you didn't forget the other one."

"Surprisingly, for the short period of time, the twine was already tied."

"I know it will be. That's why I chose that man to take care of the little hero. Now, your job is to stay with him until you're no longer needed. Tell me if you have any concern."

"......"

"What is it?"

"My new name that he gave me, is there any chance you can make him change his mind?"

Azrail laughed. "It will only be temporary. Now, I think it is time for you to go back, Spinel."

Shoya woke up.

Aizawa went inside his apartment. "Meow." Shoya was lying in the sofa with Izuku beside him.

"Aizawa-san!" Izuku ran to greet him. "Welcome home!" Aizawa smiled while petting the child's head. "There is someone who wanted to meet you." He looked at the direction of the door.

"Tsukauchi, this is Izuku," not leaving his hand to Izuku. "Izuku, meet Tsukauchi, he's one of the people I worked with."

Tsukauchi looked at the direction of Izuku, "It's nice to meet you, Izuku-kun." It was the first time someone talked to Izuku other than Aizawa. That's why the child cannot contain his excitement. "Are you a hero too?!"

Aizawa bended on Izuku's level, "He can't hear you, but I could tell him what you wanted to say." Izuku hesitated at first, but he nodded. "Now, there's something we wanted to try. Is that okay?" He nodded again.

Tsukauchi walked toward them and like Aizawa, he bended his knees in an attempt to be on the same level of Izuku. He raised his right hand, a cue for the hero to continue.

"Can you try to touch his hand?" He asked the boy. Izuku stared at Tsukauchi's hand and slowly, he reached for it. Then, it went through.

Aizawa then turned to Tsukauchi. "Did you feel anything." He shook his head. Aizawa sighed. 'It seems like I'm the only one who can touch him as well.'

Shoya put his paw on Izuku, which got the attention of the two. 'Now that I think about it, this cat can also see the kid. Not to mention Izuku was holding him yesterday.'

"I guess it's true that cats are sensitive to spirits." Tsukauchi whispered to himself.

Izuku was confused with what they're doing but he didn't mind. Tsukauchi didn't stay that long and he left after waving goodbye. He will continue the investigation. There might be a big reason why the kid was still here and with the death of his parents, it added the mystery.

Meanwhile, months has passed and their routine was still the same. Yamada was still a meddlesome who knew that his friend was hiding something. And it all started with the ghost in his house. Aizawa almost lost his patience when Yamada was keep on sending him the instruction of exorcism.

"Where the hell did you get these?!"

"Google! Where do you think?" Aizawa massaged his temple. He wanted to curse but Izuku was sitting beside him, watching Ectoplasm munching his food.

"If you don't want to do it, then I'll do it!" Yamada declared. Since then, he was banned to be near to Aizawa's apartment by less than 50 meters.

The entrance exam was coming and Nedzu gave them more paperwork. He appointed Aizawa to be the homeroom teacher of upcoming class 1-A while Sekijiro, also known as Vlad King, for the 1-B. "If you expelled all of your students again, then you will keep on staying as the homeroom teachers of 1-A every year." Nedzu told him.

Sometimes, Aizawa was regretting his decision to be a teacher, but with the memory of how Nedzu offered the job, well, he knew he can't say 'no'.

"Entrance Exam, huh?" Looks like his request to change it wasn't heard again. Oh, well.

"By the way, I have an announcement to make. We will have a new teacher." Nedzu said. "Come in."

The door of the conference room opened and revealed the no.1 hero wearing his infamous smile. Everyone was surprised. To say that the teachers weren't happy will be a lie. In fact, they were all excited to work with the best hero in Japan. Except, Aizawa.

'Great. What the hell the principal thinking? Does All Might even knows how to teach?' He thought.

They proceeded with All Might and Nedzu revealing the real form of the hero. They explained about the injury and the time limit that shocked everyone. Through out the meeting, Aizawa finally noticed Izuku, who was awhile ago trying to touch Nedzu's ears, was now hiding in the corner, looking scared.

Aizawa thought it might be because of the intimidating size of All Might, but when the no. 1 hero sat on the empty chair between Nedzu and Recovery Girl, Izuku ran to Aizawa and hold his suit tightly, tears in his eyes, terrified.

That's how Aizawa remembered how the kid died. He immediately stands up and excused himself. Izuku followed him. Starting that day, he avoided the new colleague to make sure the child in his care will feel safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's  Note:

I updated sooner than I thought. Hope you'll like it.

Next chapter will be the Entrance Exam.

But before that, who do you think All Might new successor?

Comment your guess below. And don't forget to vote.

Thank you!