Chapter 16

"Hime hime! Hime! Suki suki daisuki! Hime! Hime! Kira kira rin uhn!"

"Shouta! Do you know what happen yesterday?! It was a disaster! Completely a disaster!"

"Kimi to minna ireba watashi tte zettai muteki!"

"I went to the mall yesterday to buy my hair gel because I ran out of it!"

"Hime hime! Hime! Suki suki daisuki! Hime! Hime! Kira kira rin uhn!"

"But then, there was a villain attack and I have to save the people! So, I fought him!"

"Ookiku naare mahou kaketemo!"

"Of course, I captured him but that was before he knocked out the shelves in the department store."

"Hime wa hime na no hime na no da!"

"And that included the limited edition of my hair gel! EVERYTHING WAS A MESS!"

"Hime! Rabu hime! Faito!"

"And I didn't get any! It took me so long to style my hair today! It was a nightmare! Shouta! Are you listening?!"

Aizawa winced. Yamada's whining was too loud. And Izuku has been singing the same song for a hundredth times since yesterday. And here he was, listening to both of them while waiting for the Sports Festival to start.

He wasn't paid enough for this.

"Raburi chan su petanko chan! Raburi chan su petanko chan! Raburi chan su petanko chan!"

"You're really not listening, are you?! Shooouuutaaaa!"

Aizawa's phone vibrates. He received a message from Nedzu, telling them to start the program.

"It's time." He informed Yamada which (thankfully) caught the attention of Izuku and stopped his singing. Yamada pouted for being ignored but nodded. "Right." He turned on his quirk.

"Gather 'round mass media! This year, all your favorite high school kids will let their youth run free like a bucking bronco once again. The Sports Festival has begun! Everybody, ARE YOU READY?!"

The crowds cheered. The excitement was filling the atmosphere. Izuku climbed on his lap and settle down. He, as well, was excited to watch. His eyes were shining and the smile plastered on his face was getting wider. No doubt. He loves quirks.

"It's the freshman stage! And the students are making their entry now!"

Bakugou was always confident. It's a part of him. It was not that his confidence was not present today, but why does he feel nervous? Not that he was showing it. He was too proud for that.

'I wish Deku was watching. I'm sure he wouldn't miss a chance to see powerful quirks.' He snorted. 'Such a fanboy.'

"The Department of Heroics Freshman Class! You're here for Class 1-A, right?!"

That was their cue to enter the studio. The crowd cheered louder than before. Shouting words of encouragement and expectation.

"Wow. They're really praising us to the sky. I'm getting nervous now. You, Bakugou?" Kirishima asked him with his shaky voice.

"No way I'm nervous. You're just getting stage fright, wuss." Bakugou lied with his annoyed face. The other classes were announced after them, but they received less cheers.