Chapter 2

Noise alerted the bear inside him, causing his eyes to fly open. Someone was outside, he could hear the thuds of paws and with a deep breath he could tell it was a member of the his clan. Being second in command, or many just call him 'Beta' which he found weird, many came to him when there were problems.

It was probably Jarred, one of his officers and clan members. What he wanted to talk about was unknown. They had another hour and a half before their shift started and whatever it was should be able to wait.

Knowing knocking would follow soon, he got out of the warm bed and walked down the hall and stairs towards the door, his bare feet touching the cool wood beneath him, luckily for him it took a lot for him to get cold.

He didn't bother putting anything on either, he wasn't naked but he only wore a pair of pajama bottoms that hung low on his hips, the promient V lines clearly on display along with his chest and abs, defined and hard, packed with muscles and a light dust of hair went from his belly button to his groin.

He worked hard on his body, sure that it was fit and he was strong. He wanted to show his mate that he could care and protect her. He wanted his mate to like what she would see, and he hoped she did.

Opening the front door, he was correct, Jarred stood there his hand raised as if about to knock.

"Beta," Jarred says his head bowed in a form of submission and respect.

"What is important that couldn't wait another hour or so," he states, his voice a bit rough. He wasn't one for talking or delaying shit, especially when woken up.

The blonde male was one of Axel closest friends. Jarred was more of a jokester, one that loved to talk and flirt. He would flirt with some of the males mates in a joking manner, and receive a slap on the head for it. But it never stops him, he says he loves riling them up. Because it's so good getting a huge bear pissed off.

To the females he was what they called 'eye candy'. With his shaggy blonde hair that was always messy, he also had dark brown eyes that always seemed to hold happiness and mischief in them. He was about 6'2, a few inches shorter than Axel. They almost had the same strong built body, Jarred just a bit thinner than Axels body.

"Sorry to wake you, but the Clan Leader, Derek, wanted you to know to keep an eye out, there have been a few sighting of shifter foxes around. They haven't come close to our clan but he is concerned as there has never been fox shifters around us," he says as he makes his way through the house to the fridge. Most likely to chug water from the damn container since he doesn't seem to know what a cup is. Now Axel would be cleaning it again, since he always does this.

Grunting, Axel let's Jarred know he was listening to him. Making his way to the kitchen also, he starts the coffee machine. It was early and to function a bit better he need a cup of two of coffee.

"If that's all..." he rumbles, leaving it in the air. Hinting at him to leave.

Jarred chuckles and shakes his head, "don't want my company baby, but I missed you, you big hunk," he says joking around as he usually does, winking at Axel.

Rolling his eyes while shaking his head at Jarred, Axel let's out a huff.

It's too early for this shit.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving. Got to get ready for work. Don't want the boss to kick my ass do I?" Jarred says, referring to Axel, while laughing. He didn't understand how the man could be so awake. Clapping his hand on Axels shoulder, Jarred heads out.

Once Jarred left it was quiet again, Axel was used to the quiet that came with living out here on his own, but lately the silence has been deafening. He has been feeling more down, and his bear isn't helping much. He just keeps saying 'find mate'. But he has tried. He has travelled before, many times, but came up empty each time.

Sighing, Axel grabs his coffee before making his way upstairs to take a shower before heading to work, down at the station

Stepping out of the shower, he wraps a towel loosely around his hips as droplets of water ran down his well define 6 pack.

Shaking out his brown hair, his runs his fingers through the short hair before heading into the bedroom that connects to his washroom.

Tossing on a white shirt and briefs, he puts on his sheriff uniform. The beige outfit fitting snug on him.

The shirt stretched across his wide broad shoulders and the short sleeves were tight on his arms. They showed off his buldging bicips and forearms. The viens prominent when flexing.

His muscles pushed the limits of his shirt. He has had to replace the shirt many times, for when he flexed too much it would rip the sleeves up to his shoulders, so he always carried extra in his car.

Grabbing his socks and black shoes, he puts them on and head back downstairs to have breakfast before leaving.

He wondered why there has been a sighting of foxes. They don't come around bears. They may be faster, but they were not match for strength and power.

Foxes were conniving assholes. Always thinking they were smooth and entitled to whatever they wanted. They seemed to choose the wrong path than the right one. Always causing some type of trouble wherever they went.

Something must of lead them here to Blue Creek, or they may be just passing through.

Hoping for the latter, he finished his breakfast and goes out to his blue Chevy truck, to go to the station in town. But Axel knew deep down, that the foxes were not passing through.

I hope your enjoying this so for. Please let me know what you think of the story. Don't forget to comment and vote (: