Chapter 35

Ayliah lays on the couch, her head on the end of the cushion as her hair dangles over the floor and her feet, crossed, sat on the arm of the couch. She was thinking about everything that Axel had told her not even a week ago.

She remembered she woke up on the same couch, the house a mess and blood all over the floor and she jumped up, frantic as she remembers about Mike being hurt and bleeding everywhere, when Axel shows up in front of her asking if she was okay and holding her close to his chest, his woodsy scent comforting her as she breathed it in deeply before sighing. That's when Axel explained everything to Ayliah, about how it was all Liam that was doing everything, how he used Lilly and had Axel thinking it was her doing it. She had felt bad for Lilly, Liam used her just like he used anyone and everyone else. She should of known it was him, but she didn't think he would go this far just to get her back. That's when she remembered seeing a bear transform into Axel and she took a step back before looking up at him, her eyes wide with shock and question. Wondering if what she had seen was true, Axel knew what she was remembering and knew it was time to tell her that he was a bear shifter.

Ayliah hadn't taken it bad, but didn't take it good either, she just sat there, unsure, but she couldn't deny it, she has seen it with her own eyes. When he said he was bear shifter she just kind of frozen, unable to deny, but not wanting to really admit there was things out there that no one knew about. Axel had told her Mike was also one and that Sarah was her mate, that Mike was okay and almost healed since he was a shifter and they healed faster than humans. That's when she asked Axel what a mate was.

"It's your everything, your other half, the one you would die for, the one you would love for the rest of your days," he had said. They way he had said, hit Ayloahs heart, but what he said next shouldn't have surprised her, but it did.

"You're my mate, Ayliah," he said it so surely, confidently but also it had a hint of sadness and she didn't understand why. Shouldn't he be happy?

That's when he told her he would give her a few days to think about everything he had said and told her, about the life of mates and accepting or rejecting. If she was to accept it wasn't a I'm done, and break up. It was for life, and she needed to be sure of what she wanted, there was no going back.

So here she was, laying on the couch frustrated as her left leg bounces onto pof her right, she had given it thought, hell a weeks worth, and she knew what she wanted to do but every time she tried to talk to Axel he would either change the subject or just disappear. Well now it was time to listen, she wasn't just going to keep waiting for him to finally come around and listen to her, she was going to tell him and she was going to do it now.

With that thought she jumps off the couch and walks down the hall to their bedroom, yes theirs, he said this was her place too and since she was staying it was theirs. The bedroom was bare except for a store bought bed frame and bed, she had found out a while ago that Axel likes to make his own furniture and he was upset he had to get one from a store, but they needed something for now until he finishes building the one he has been working on for the last week. The excuse he has been using each time she tries to talk to him, well not anymore.

Ayliah goes to the closet and she takes off all her clothes, leaving just her peach bra and panties on and grabs a white robe to cover herself before walking out and to the front to get her flats on, she made the mistake of walking outside barefoot and ended up with cuts all over her feet from the tiny rocks and sticks everywhere, she wasn't doing that again. Hopefully he wouldn't deny her, or try to get out of talking, and with being almost naked she was sure she would grab his attention at least and she walks out the house to around the side and she sees the shed, a glow coming from under the door. She opens the door quietly before stepping inside, Axels back was face towards her as he sat on a bench, his shoulders hunched as his hands hold his head that was down, the sight saddens her, he looks upset and down and she didn't want that.

She walks up behind him and places her hands on his broad shoulders and starts to rub circles with her fingers, massaging his wide shoulders and tense neck, a soft groan leaves Axel. He was just sitting there wondering what he would do if she wanted to leave, if she didn't want to be his mate and leave him heartbroken. He would want to beg her to stay, to accept him but he couldn't do that, she could grow to hate him and her hating him is worse than her leaving.
The feeling of her soft lips on his neck brings him back, a big sighs leaves him as he waits for the worse, that she wants him to take her home and leave him. He wouldn't get upset, not until he got back and let his anger out, while drinking himself stupid.

"I accept," her soft breath hits his skin, making him shiver.

He was frozen, wondering if he imagined her saying that or if his sick mind was torturing him.

"I want to be your mate," she whispers in his ears as she goes back to kissing his neck making him groan.

She accepts?! She accepts! With that he jumps up so fast spinning around to see her and he stops, standing there stupid, his mouth open and eyes wide.  She stood in front of him in only her bra and underwear, her golden skin shimmering in the light, she look utterly beautiful that he lost his breath, his eyes still wide open and mouth slack. She walks up to him and places her hands on his hard chest, her fingers soft against his firm, his muscles flexing under her as she raises on her tippy toes and presses her lips to his. He kisses her back fiercely, his tongue digging into her mouth as he kisses her with everything in him.

"Are you sure? You can't go back. There is no breakup, this is forever, Ayliah," his heart beating fast as he waits for her.

"I want this, I want you, Axel," her words sincere and gentle, sending joy through his body and he smiles at her, at his mate.

He grabs her face with his hands and kisses all over her face as she giggles, his eyes shine brightly with happiness as he looks at her, a goofy smile on his face.

"I promise to be the best mate ever for you. Anything you want, you can have. I don't care, as long as I have you I have everything I need," he says as he looks into her eyes, showing he meant each and every word and that he would be the best damn mate ever for her.

"I don't want anything, just you," his smile got even bigger, his one hand goes to the back of her neck and he kisses her hard, his lips smashing against hers in a heated kiss of passion and love.

He lifts her up, his hands on the back of her thighs, her legs wrap around his waist and he starts to walk out of the shed to the house, ready to make love to his mate for the first time, to finally mate and mark her as his.

"Last chance to back out," he teases her as he kisses up and down her neck, loving the soft delicate skin under his lips. Her pulse jumping with each kiss he places.

"Never," she grabs his face and presses her lips to his.

Alright so I want to explain why I have disappeared for a bit. It was not at all intentional, first was my step dads birthday, Friday all adults drank and had fun then Saturday was big family then Sunday was a small family dinner. I was about to write and upload when something happened that shouldn't have.

Getting a minor concussion from being hit in the temple, wasn't ever in my cards of things to have happened but unfortunately life throws us curve balls. I am currently finishing the last few chapters so they will be up soon.

I know many of you wanted me to update and were asking and all that and I promise I would of but with going to hospital, dealing with cops and a headache from hell I have been just relaxing and trying to take it easy. I haven't gone this long without updating except when I first started this book and got discouraged as I thought it wouldn't make it, yet here it is big, because of all you. So thank you!

I do apologize and hopefully aren't too mad with me not being online and updating but I am writing the last few chapters and they will be up soon (: