Chapter 11

Ayliah was ecstatic, she had met Sarah at the diner and had talked to her, telling her what she looking for, a place, and that she might have been able to help Ayliah, and she did.

Sarah was moving into her boyfriends place on Friday and said that Ayliah could move in that night or the next morning. So now all she had to do was wait two days before she could move in on Saturday.

They had actually sat there talking longer, getting to know each other before her boss came out to tell Sarah to get back to work. When Sarah took her break she had sat back down and continued with the chit chat before Sarah gave Ayliah her number so they could get together and hang out sometime.

Ayliah was happy, things were finally looking up for her. She found a place to stay, met a couple new people, became friends with Sarah and to top it off she hasn't heard or seen Liam in over a week. Which was a huge success on its own.

Ayliah was walking down the sidewalk taking in the small town. People, young and old littered the sidewalks, talking to each person they pass. The noise of children laughing was evident, as down the one side road, there was a public school and children of different ages were running to the front door.

She was getting tired as she had woken up early this morning and was thinking now would be a great time to nap. Just as she was about to cross the road, she heard her name being called.

Turning around and looking to see who called her name, she didn't see anyone that would know her to know her name.

Turning back around to go cross the street, she was blocked by a large body that made her jump back, startled.

"What in the—,"

"Shit! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," a gruff voice cuts her off.

Having a feeling she already knows who it is, she looks up and confirms it.

"Sheriff," she replies in a soft spoken voice. She wasn't sure what it was about this man that made her feel... well, she wasn't sure what exactly she was feeling, but she was feeling something.

"Axel. Please call me Axel," he says. A hint of pleading in his voice. He wanted her to his name, to hear how it sounds when it rolls off her tongue.

"Axel," she breathed out.

The moment she said his name it was like all the hairs on his arms and back of his neck stood up. A shiver of pleasure ran through his body.

He loved the sound of her voice, it was soothing and calm, like waves at the beach.

Her green eyes sparkled as they looked into his dark blue ones, and he could get lost in them.
It was like they were stuck in another trance that neither one of the wanted to break. You could feel the electricity in the air, and she didn't know what it was about him but Ayliah found him intriguing.

"I was heading out to grab an early lunch, care to join me?"

She wasn't sure if she should, but there was something that was calling to her to go with him. She couldn't tell but when he had asked that question, Axel himself could hear the faint tinge of fear in it. Fear that she would rejection him.

"I'm not sure if that's —," she started before she was once again cut off. But this time she could hear the change in his tone.

" Please." All he wanted was a chance to get to know her.

"But what about your girlfriend?," Ayliah asked him.

He looked down at her, his brows bunched in confusion. Who was she talking about? He didn't have a girlfriend. He's never had a girlfriend before, she would be his first.

Hopefully.

"I don't have a girlfriend," his gruff voice laced with confusion.

"Oh... I just thought- I thought Lilly was your girlfriend," Ayliah replies, embarrassment clear in her voice and by the red tinge on her cheeks.

He smiled one his rare smiles, full white gleaming teeth present. She looked so cute as she looked down at her shoes like they were the most important thing around, her cheeks flushed from embarrassment. All he wanted to do was hug her and hold her tight.

But then he started to chuckle, why the hell would she think he was dating Lilly. Lilly! Of all people, and he continued to chuckle.

Her head whips up as she sees him laughing, her face in shock.

"What's so funny?!" She demands, wondering why he is laughing at her. Though she thought he was laughing at her, she had to admit he had a sexy laugh, and she was stunned for a moment. Starring at him in awe, until she remember he was laughing at her.

"Lilly is like a little sister to me. I have known her since we were kids. Her brother is one of my best friend," his laugh dying down until he was just smiling at her. "Also, I wasn't laughing at you, just at what you said. I could never imagine Lilly like that," he finished, shaking his head at the thought.

The relief that courses through her body was instant. Though it was silly since she had just met him, it some how ached to think he had a girlfriend.

"Oh. It was just the way she looked at me. Like she was telling me to back off because you're taken." Now she was confused. If they weren't dating, why did she give her the stink eye.

Hearing that, Axel was pissed off. Why the hell would Lilly look at his mate like that!? Mates are precious and he would never do that to her.

A loud growl was working its was up and he had to cough to cover it. He didn't want to freak Ayliah out, but he was still pissed with Lilly and he would definitely be going to have a chat with her.

Shaking the thought away, as he would deal with it later, he looks back down at his beautiful mate.

"So, how about that lunch?" He says with a cheeky smile, happy that was out of the way.