Chapter 30

Axel woke up from his dead sleep, Ayliahs back to his front as his arms wrap tightly around her holding her close to him, his face buried in her neck. He inhales, the sweet smell of lavender and honey drifts up his nose, he would never tire of the smell, he places soft kisses on her neck. He wasn't sure what woke him up but he carefully untangles from Ayliah making sure she doesn't wake up. It was past midnight, outside was completely dark surrounded by the many trees, the night critters making their noises as the moon shines brightly, casting a white glow everywhere.

He walks to the living room looking for his phone, his eye sight perfect in the dark, he sees his phone on the couch and he grabs it, seeing missed calls from Jarred and Derek. He goes to check the voicemail when he hears a noise, something scratching. That's when it clicks in that someone was outside and was clawing the wood again. He walks carefully to the front door, his large frame silent you couldn't even hear the sounds of his bare feet touching the floor, opening it slowly so not a noise is made, he wants to catch the person in the act and finally find out who the fuck it is, before he kills them. His bear snarling at the thought of someone outside watching their mate right now. He was on edge, his body taunt and rigid.

Adrenaline coursing through his veins he lifts his legs as he jumps over the railing of the porch landing silently on his feet, and starts to walk quietly around the house, making sure he doesn't step on any sticks to notify them he was out here. He was almost to the side of the house, reaching the corner to turn he hears a rustling sound and he runs out, his suspicion confirmed. They had heard him or scented him and ran off, the bushes still swaying from being disturbed. He wanted to run after them, to find out who it was but he was conflicted. If he left, Ayliah would be alone at home, it could be a trap and he wasn't risking her life to find out who it was. Stalking back to the front he enters the house and grabs his phone he left in the hallway on the way out. He was going to call for someone to come and watch Ayliah, keep her safe while he would stake out the woods to see if they would come back, so he could finally catch them.

He calls Mike, Sarah's mate, and asks him to watch Ayliah for a bit. Mike knew somewhat what was going because Ayliah had talked to Sarah and she had seen the note. Plus he had asked Mike awhile ago, along with a few other clan members, to keep an eye out for anyone when Ayliah was out and about. With Mike agreeing and on his way over, he calls Derek before Jarred.

"I've been trying to fucking call you, you need to get over here and help us," Derek's deep voice rumbles out.

"Why?" He had his own shit to deal with, he wasn't going there to mess around, now they need him when he needs them.

"We caught Lilly's scent in the woods, we need to check it again. It's fresh so she has to be close around," he says sounding pissed, having to run around for your brothers sister, as she played games with them, wasn't something he was thrilled about.

What a fucking coincidence, Axel thought, his fist balled up as he paces, his body boiling with anger.

Someone was at his house and now Lilly has been scented in the forest, that runs between his home and the clans, his bear fuming at the thoughts.

"I'll be there, Mike's on his way," he growls out as he makes his way back to the bedroom to get clothes so he can leave. He didn't want to take the chances and wait too long and she disappears again.

"Good," Derek says before he hangs up on Axel.

Ayliah was still fast asleep in bed, looking peaceful, her tiny body buried under the mountain of blankets she likes to sleep with. Something he didn't find comfortable as his body already ran warm and with the added heat he would wake up sweating. He sees her phone on dresser and grabs it, turning the ringer up loud so if he calls her she will hear it and answer him. He places her phone on the night table beside her and he looks down at his sweet mate. Hopefully all this will be over soon, so they could move on with their life, he could tell her about him and hope that she accepts him and accepts being his mate. So they could live together, bonded for life. He leans down and gently presses his mouth to her forehead, careful to not wake her. A soft smile forms in her sleep and he looks at her lovingly. He had almost told her earlier that he loves her, but he chickened out, scared of what she would do or how she would act. He knew he would love her and he does, everything about her he adored and he couldn't see his life without her in it. It was impossible.

He snaps his head up as he hears tires coming down his gravel driveway and he realizes it's Mike, so he grabs his clothing tossing them on before heading to the door to greet him.

"Thanks, I—," he starts before being cut off, something he realizes he doesn't like.

"I get it. I'll keep an eye on her and watch her, I promise," Mike says and Axel believes him, trusting Mike, and he nods before Mike pats Axel on the back as he walks out of the house towards his truck.

This shit was about to get sorted and it was about fucking time because he was sick of this chase, his truck flies by the trees blurring them together, the night cold but not effecting him as his body was burning. His anger was at a new high, he wasn't sure how this was going to go down but he knows that he wasn't going to let it go. Doesn't matter who it is, family or not, this was his damn mate and he wasn't letting anyone mess around with her anymore.

It's about to get interrrresting.
It feels weird only posting one chapter at a time aha.
Don't forget to vote and comment (: