Chapter 17

I'm sorry for the late update everyone. Please accept my apology with a triple update. Thank you all for reading my book, commenting and hell evening voting! I didn't think it would get this big but damn, you guys rock! ❤️

Ayliah was sleeping in her bed, when she heard the front door open and for a moment she thought the person from last night might have come back and her heart started to race before she heard the deep voice of Axel.

"Ayliah? I grabbed us some coffee," he said out loud so she could hear him. He had heard her heartbeat pick up when he opened the front door and made his presence known to her so she wouldn't be scared.

"Thanks. I'll be out in a few minutes," she yells back, as she gets up from the bed stretching before heading to the washroom to freshen up and get ready.

Standing in the living room out the window, Axel looks outside and sees the sun rising behind the buildings and houses. A few people were outside getting ready to start their day, dressed up more warmer as the weather was getting colder, signally winter was coming soon. Axel turns towards the hallway when he hears Ayliah walking out of her room and his eyes widen slightly as he stares at her, speechless. She wasn't dressed up as if she were going out, she was dressed more casual, but she still looked radiant as he took her in her beauty. When they were together it was usually out in public and later on in the day, but being here in the morning and all alone he could fully take her in and appreciate her.

She was wearing jeans that accentuates the curves of her hip, he was memorized as he watched her walk towards him, her hips swaying, and the denim hugging her long toned legs. He wasn't sure if she noticed how he was watching her, his eyes glazed with desire.

Her grey top stretched against her breasts and he could see the outline of her lace bra that lays underneath. The bottom of her shirt barely touched the top of her jeans, teasing him with the small sight of her stomach. Her hair was up in some type of bun that made it look like it was supposed to be messy, strands of her warm brown hair frame her face.

The curves of her bare neck beckoned his eyes, and he knew his eyes were growing darker. The hallow of her neck called to him and he desperately wanted to answer. He wanted to walk up to her, wrap his arms around her body and hold her tight as he buried his face in her neck, taking in the intoxicating smell that was his mate. Placing gentle kisses all over before he found the perfect spot, the spot he would sink his teeth in, bonding him and Ayliah forever as soulmates.

Normally a bear, or any shifter, would have already taken their mate, but he wanted Ayliah to trust him first. To accept who he was and what they were together. He didn't want to force or rush her. He wouldn't act out his desires until she was ready, but it will always be there.

Ayliah looked in Axels eyes, they were naturally a dark blue and Ayliah thought they were beautiful as they stood out against his tanned skin. But right now, they are a much darker and deeper blue, like the colour of the dark night sky right as the storm blows through. She tried to look away, but she couldn't, the intensity of his eyes captivated her. His eyes held a heated look in them as he starred back at her and her stomach tightened as her breaths stagger as they continued to hold each other's stare.

She had felt his eyes on her when she walked towards the living room, his eyes glided down her body, caressing her each part of her they had touched. Her skin flushed under his dark eyes and her stomach coiled with a warmth. The look in his eyes made her body hot, and at the moment she just wanted to kiss him, to grab his face and slam their lips together in a passionate, heated, kiss.

Axel was the first to break eye contact looking over to the left, his breaths harsh as he tried to calm himself and his body down, before he did something she may not be ready for. If they continued he was sure he would of thrown her on the couch and ravish her and her body. His heart was beating heavily and his body was tense.