Chapter 3

Driving through the small town, he sees humans and bears walking around on the sidewalks, interacting with eachother, not knowing they themselves are surrounding by bear shifters.

The little stores were starting to open up, getting ready for day. There wasn't much to Blue Creek but it was home. There was still everything you needed here though. They had a hardware store, a couple grocery stores along with small shopping center and what not.

Pulling up to the brown one story building that is the small police station, Axel parks his car in his spot by the front doors. It was easier, for it there was an emergency he didn't have to run to the back to get his car, even though he was a shifter and could move faster than a human, he couldn't risk anyone see him moving that fast.

Getting out of his truck, he looks both ways down the street and crosses the road to the small coffee shop that was right across the station. He was glad there was one so close, that he could there and back within a few minutes.

The ding of the bell notified the owner, Lilly, that Axel had entered. The smell of freshly brewed coffee filled his senses along with the sweet smell of pasteries that were being made and put on display.

The store was small, just three small wooden tables sat on the one side of the store and the other side was the display and register. Soft yellow paint covered the walls along with a few photos of the town's people.

Axel had known Lilly his whole life. Growing up in the same clan, they have been friends since childhood. He  knew that back in the day Lilly alsp had a big crush on him, which made him completely awkward, he was never that much into girls like the other boys were. He was sure she was over him, and saw him as an other big brother, like Jarred.

It wasn't often that there were a lot of female bear shifters. His pack only had about 20 of them, female bears were not the common. Majority of the females were human mates. Lilly was a nice girl, even though she could sometimes have a bit of a mouth on her but it was only when she was riled up. Standing at 5'4 she was pretty short for a shifter. Her bear was half the height of his, it was as if her bear stopped growing in her teens. She had blonde hair in a pixie style and big brown eyes that she seemed to use on people to get her way. She was a tiny little thing and he considered her the little sister he never had since he was an only child.

"Axel! Good morning! Here, I already have your coffee and two blueberry muffins ready for ya," she says, her voice in a high pitch, happiness clearly evident in her voice. Her brown eyes brightening at the sight of him, a big smile on her face and she discretely checks him out.

Nodding his thanks to her with a small barely there smile, it caused her cheeks to tint a light shade of pink, he grabs his items before leaving the store to go to his office. 

Everyone around here knew that Axel didn't talk much. It was either a nod or grunt he would usually respond with. But that didn't bother Lilly. He didn't even know that Lilly still had a crush on him and it always brightened her day when he came into her small coffee shop. The man didn't seem to know just how good looking he was.

Walking in the front doors of the station, he is greeted by Beth, their receptionist. She was a kind lady, but she sets you straight if needed. She was like a grandmother to everyone and he was glad she worked with them as she talked for both of them, and boy did she talk a lot. So it worked out great for him.

Seeing Jarred at his desk, in his office that was just before his, Axel nods at him before going to his own office. He could tell right away it would be mostly reports, he would be doing today.

It was almost lunch time when he stopped working on the paperwork. Not much happens here for anything to be a big deal. It was either some teens drinking when underage, or being loud and disrupting. Maybe a fight or two at the bar down the road, but that was about it.

Heading to the diner for a quick lunch he mumbles out a quick 'I'll be back' to Jarred before leaving, even though he knows Axel does this almost everyday.

Opening the door to go outside, a cool breeze hits Axel and he takes a deep breath, glad to be out of the stuffy office. He enjoys the outside and when he is caged in his office for hours he can go a little crazy if he doesn't go outside for at least a few moments for some fresh air.

Walking down the sidewalk he nods to everyone he passes as they greet him. He was almost at the diner when his bear became alerted, rises his head up fast. He stopped and stood still, body tense as he took deep breaths to see what it was that has his bear alerted.

He could feel his bear trying to take over and he knew his stormy blue eyes were switching between his color and the amber color of his bear. Trying to take deep breaths to control himself, he didn't notice anything wrong around him. He didn't scent any foxes and he was wondering what the hell was wrong with his bear.

All of a sudden he lets out a low growl as it rumbles deep from his chest. Grunting, he tries to pushing his bear back.

It was then that he knew what was driving his bear mad.

The smell, it was as sweet as honey and it made his mouth water instantly.

He knew what that meant and he was ecstatic.

His bear had just smelt his mate.

I hope your enjoying the book so far, I know it has been a bit slow but it will start picking up soon. Don't forget to comment and vote if you like it (: