Chapter 23 • First Date

Axel was a nervous wreck, he wanted this date to go perfect, not one thing could go wrong, he had to show Ayliah that he was the perfect mate for her. That he would do anything to make her happy, to show that he would care for her. Even though they have only be separated for a few hours, him and his bear already felt the loneliness without their mate, Ayliah probably also feeling an ache from not being near him. He hopes this date helps further there relationship bringing them even more close together and help their bond grow stronger.

He stood at Sarah's door and knocks, he knew Sarah's mate, Mike, knew Axel was at the door as he would of already sensed him nearing their house. The opens to reveal Sarah standing there with a huge smile on her face.

"Ayliah, Axels here," Sarah says in a sing song voice, and he could hear Ayliahs heart beating a little bit faster, making him pleased that she was just as nervous as he was.

Axels hears the soft tapping of her shoes as she walks towards him and into his sight. She was always beautiful to Axel, anytime she would look at him his heart would go crazy, and seeing her dressed up for their date had those feelings coming even stronger. His palms were getting damp and his heart thudding loudly as he took deep breaths. She was breathtaking.

He told Sarah his plan so she could help Ayliah pick an outfit that was suitable for where they were going and she was. He was glad that he had cleared all the branches and sticks out of the way just in case, and it came in handy. He would hate if she fell and hurt herself.

She stood in front of him in a peach coloured skirt, that stops above her knees, and a grey and white stripe, long sleeve, shirt and a pair of cream coloured flats. She looks amazing standing in front of him, her hair flowing do n her back in loose curls, barely any makeup on her face. Her green eyes shine as the fading sunlight hits her and she smiles tentatively at him, a pink hue raising on her cheeks. She looked so small, sweet and delicate like a flower. His heart warming as he looks at his mate.

"You look beautiful Ayliah," he voice in awe as he stares at her, meaning every word he said and even more. She was enthralling, gorgeous, a true beauty to him and she was all his.

"Well you two have fun!," Sarah's joyful voice pulling them out of the daze as she starts to push them outside before slamming the door making them flinch from the sudden action.

"I really mean it, you look stunning," he says leaning into her to press his lips to her delicate soft cheeks.

"Thank you, you look great also," her eyes roaming over him, taking in his snug blue jeans the hugs his thighs each step he takes. His white shirt clung to his wide shoulders and strong arms, the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, revealing his toned forearms.

He looked amazing and she didn't want to tear her eyes away. He grabs her hand before leading her to his truck and helping her settle inside, before he gets in.

He was taking Ayliah to his favourite spot hoping she loves it just as he much he does. He had found the spot years again when he claimed that part of the forest for his home. No one knows about it, not even members of his clan and he had never brought anyone there, liking that it was only his spot, and now he wanted to share that with Ayliah. He still went there often, it was the one place he would go to, to relax after a stressful day or to just think about anything and everything. He often went in his bear form and would lay under the trees and stars.

When they reach a part of the forest, Axel parks the car before jumping out and rushing to Ayliahs side to open her door for her and grab her hand to help her down. Warmth always flows through his body every time they touch, his heart growing more for her. She smiles at with a soft "thank you" before looking around.