Chapter 16

The sunlight was warm as it hit Axel face. The light was causing him to stir and he slowly peeled his eyes open, yawning as he was still tired. He didn't fall asleep right away, instead he sat up on the couch. He didn't think the person would come back but he wanted to be sure, so he sat in the dark, listening to soft light snores from Ayliah which he thought was cute.

Pulling the phone out of his pocket, he checks the time and groans at how early it was. 7:17am. Opening a text, he sends one to Jarred.

"Meet me at my office at 12," he texted.

"Everything okay?" Jarred replies back, and Axel lets out a long sigh. He was going to have to get someone to keep an eye on Ayliah.

If he couldn't be by her side all the time, which he knew he couldn't, then he wanted someone to watch over her incase anything like this happens again. Maybe even see if anyone has been following her around too.

"I'll explain then. Be there at 12," he told Jarred before putting his phone back in his pocket and standing up.

Rolling his shoulders and neck, they were stiff from sleeping on the, way too small for him,  couch. Grabbing his boots he puts them on and walks down the hallway quietly so he doesn't wake Ayliah. Opening her bedroom door carefully, Axel wanted to check up on her before he ran to grab them coffee before they would go out for breakfast.

Her thick blanket was wrapped around her and only her head was visible. Just looking at her made him smile and feel a lightness inside him. She was still fast asleep, her dark hair splayed across the cream coloured pillows, her lips were slightly open, she looked so cute and peaceful. Closing the door, he walked to the front door and made sure to lock it. He didn't think the person would come back, not during the day when anyone could see them.

Driving through the town, he knew Lilly's would be open and even though he wanted to talk to her, he would wait until he talked to Jarred. He was dreading that a bit because he would have to tell Jarred that he was suspicious of his sister, Lilly, and that wasn't going to go well.

Parking in front of the coffee shop, he gets out and shuts the door before walking inside, and stopping mid stride. The place was trashed. Shatters of glass from the display was scattered all over the floor along with receipts and papers. The pictures that once were on the wall, were ripped down and and broken all over. Pans were everywhere, dents all over the metal of them. The walls were cracked and dented in many places, the drywall crumbled on the floor and around the holes. It was like a hurricane has come through her store.

It was a disaster and there in the center of the room was Lilly. She was on her knees, hunched over and he could hear the sobs that broke out as she shakes. Lifting her head up, she looks at Axel, her eyes red and puffy as she continued to cry, tears constantly rolling down her red cheeks.

"Why?" Her voice full of hurt and pain.

This shop was her love and life. She practically lived here. She was here from sun up to sun down.

"Fuck. What the hell happened?! Who did this?" He growled out. First someone is messing with his mate and now Lilly.

Who the fuck was doing all this, he thought.

Walking over to Lilly he knelt down and wrapped his one arm around her, to try to comfort her. He knew how much this must hurt her.

"Where are the cameras," he asked her. His voice still rough from anger.

"They took them out. There is nothing there!," her voice hoarse from crying.

"It'll be okay, alright. I'm going to call your brother and we'll find out who did this too you," he says as he stands and helps her up.

"Thank you Axel!" Her hands wrapped around Axels waist tight as she hugs and holds onto him, placing her head on his chest.

Axel felt uncomfortable, sure he cared for the girl, but he didn't want her holding onto him like that. The only one he wanted this close to him, and his mate, Ayliah.

He knew he had been gone too long and he didn't want to worry her or let her think he had left her when he only went to go get them coffee. Pulling Lilly off of him, he steps back as she looks at him hurt.

"What's wrong," she asks, trying to step closer but he moves out of the way.

"I have a mate Lilly. You can't be hugging me like that, you never have before," he tells her, his voice flat before his lips harden in a thin line, disappointed in her. It was only for a split second but he saw a flash of anger in her eyes and he narrowed his eyes at her in a warning.

"I know that Axel! But can you blame me for wanting some sort of comfort? Look at what they did to my shop!" Her voice tight and loud and he shakes his head at her before walking away.

"Wait, Axel I'm sorry!," her voice desperate. She didn't want him to walk away from her!

"I have to go back to Ayliah. I'll call your brother," he tosses over his shoulder as he heads to the door pissed off. He didn't know what the fuck Lillys problem was. And he was more pissed about who the hell was doing this shit to his mate and Lilly.

The door slams behind before he could hear Lilly mutter, "fucking mate," her tone of disgust.

Dialling Jarred's number, he goes back inside his truck and stops at the diner to grab coffee for him and Ayliah.

"Yo," he heard as Jarred answered the phone and he rolled his eyes. The guy couldn't even say hi or something like any normal person.

"Your sisters shop was broken into last night. The whole fucking place is trashed," he was going to continue but a loud growl cut him off.

"What. The. Fuck," Jarreds voice guttural and dangerously low. Axel could hear the harsh breaths on the other line.

"Calm down, she's okay just upset. Whoever did it cut the cameras though. And that's not the only thing that's happening either. I was going to tell you at the office...but someone broke into Ayliahs place last night after I left. She called me scared as she thought they might still be there, but when I arrived no one was there," he tells Jarred, the situation getting more stressful.

"Fuck. Alright I'm going to go see my sister and then we'll meet up later and talk more about this," Jarred says before he hangs up on Axel.

A triple update since I forgot to upload the other day.
How are you liking it so far? Don't forget to comment and vote (: