Chapter 13

So when Sarah said she could have her room, Ayliah figured she meant just a bedroom.

Her and Axel had just finished putting everything away, even though it was hard to concentrate as she could feel his eyes on her each time she bent down or reached up.

But she couldn't complain, she was doing the same thing. Watching how his arms would flex, or when watching his brows bunch in frustration and he would huff when something wouldn't go his way and she had to look away so she didn't laugh.

They were now sitting in the mini living room having a cold beer.

It wasn't just a bedroom she got, it was like a tiny apartment above the house. She had her own kitchen, that had an attached dining room. A small living and a fair size bedroom with a closet and a bathroom that was connected to her room but also had another door that open in the hallway. So if someone needed to use it they wouldn't have to go through her room.

All the walls were painted a beige colour and she had two brown love seats in the living. One of which they were using.

Sitting beside Axel, legs touching, she had these tingly feelings go through her as their legs touched. Even though the tv was on and playing a random movie, she couldn't concentrate. All she could do was feel how close he was, every time he shifted his arm would rub against hers, causing her breath to falter and goosebumps to cover her.

Looking out of the corner of her eye, it didn't even look like he was fazed. But little did she know, he was.

It was taking all of Axel to sit there and act like it was nothing. When it was everything to him. He knew he would have to leave soon even if he didn't want too. He had enjoyed the last few days he has spent with her. Each moment more precious than the last.

The longer the movie played, the more relaxed they became before he finally had the courage to pull her close to his side and tuck her under his arm.

That action alone cause Ayliah to blush and her heart to race. She loved the feeling of be in his arms. The warmth of his body along with the feeling of his hand as he ran them through her dark locks, made her feel warm and comfortable. She snuggled in closer to his side, resting her head on his firm pecs.

Running his fingers though her soft silky brown hair, he gazed down at her, smiling fondly as he could hear her breathing start to even out and he knew she was slowly falling asleep. That made him and his bear extremely happy, it showed that she trusted him on some level and he would never want to betray that trust. He laid his head on top of hers, happy that she was comfortable enough to cuddle with him.

When the movie was finished, he knew he had to put her to bed and go home. Home. Where he would sleep alone tonight, and that thought made him and his bear let out a sad sigh. But at least now he knows he is getting somewhere with her. All he had to do was show he that he would be there for her. To keep her safe, to protect her, cherish her and most importantly love her.

Standing up carefully, so not to wake her, he bends down and grabs Ayliah and cradles her against his chest. His one arm under her knees and the other behind her back, he felt a sense of calm wash over him.

Her head rest against his chest and if she were awake she could hear and feel how hard and fast it was beating for her.

He loved the feeling of her cradled in his arms. The warmth of her body seeping into him. The fresh scent of lavender wafted up his nose and he dipped his head to take a big whiff, a sigh of contentment left him.

Walking down the small hallway, he opens her bedroom door and walk to her bed and pulls the grey comforter down.

Tightening his hold on her for a moment, he slowly lays her down onto her bed and covers her up. She turns on her side facing him and he gently runs the back of his fingers down her cheek. Marvelling at the softness of her skin.

Leaning down, he gently places his lips to her forehead and a soft smile graces her lips as she continues to sleep.

"Sweet dreams," he whispers before kissing her forehead one more time.

It physically pained him to walk away but he knew he couldn't stay. It was too soon for her. Locking the door handle to her front door, he closes it and wiggles the handle to make sure it's locked, which it was, before heading to his truck to go home.

But what he didn't see before he left, was a body that hid in the shadows against the wall, the person waiting for him to leave.

Walking up the stairs quietly, they pick the lock of the door and step inside before being seen.

Creeping down the hallway, being sure to be quiet to not wake Ayliah, they enter her room.
Standing above her as she continues to sleep, clueless that someone is there, they continue to watch her sleep, smiling a sinister smile.

A promise to show no good will come.

"Soon," the voice whispers in the night, before leaving the bedroom. Making sure to slam the door to scare her.

A scream of freight could be heard as they left the house, running down the road and out of sight.

So, who do you think it is?
Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed (: