Chapter 5

Axel was fustrated, he had been searching for hours and he hasn't found anything.

Even shifting into his bear form, as his bear would be able to help more, did nothing. It was like the scent just disappeared. He knew they were somewhere, he just didn't know where and he was frustrated.

There was barely a scent of the foxes. It was like they were just running around, making them do a goose chase. He knew they weren't in town or he went of sense them when he was there.

There had to be somewhere they were hiding out. Foxes didn't always need a home either. They could stay in the shifter form and sleep outside for days. They could only search so far. It was his and Derek job to find them.

He didn't know what they were planning to do, but with this chase they are doing it seems like they are going to be bring a trouble soon, and he didn't like that one bit. Not only did he have to watch out for his clan and the humans but now also his mate. He would die before any harm came to her.

This couldn't happen at a different time, he just found his mate and now this happens. He finds it odd that his mate arrives and so do the foxes. But from her scent he knew she was human. And no shifters were aloud to let human know about them.

Growling, he shifts back to his human form, pissed off. Being out here irritated him, he might of met his mate if he stayed in town.

The sky was already dark by the time he made it back to his truck. If he wasn't a shifter he wouldn't of been able to make his way through the forest. You could barely see the stars in the sky as there were so many trees around they blocked them out.

That was another thing he liked out here. He loved being in his bear form and sitting outside at night, feeling the breeze through his fur as he stared up at the night sky. The dark blue sky lit up with lots of small stars, the forest in front of him, made the scenery look picture perfect.

He had informed Derek that he didn't find anything, and it was also the same for his leader. Following faint scents that lead no where, and it made him even more pissed. Derek wanted them found so he could find out why they are here now.

Getting in the truck, he knew Jarred would have left the station already, so he decided he would head back home.

He desperately wanted to stop at the motel, just to check to make sure his mate was there, safe and sound. But he didn't want to be caught if she seem him, plus he wasn't a stalker.

Though his bear was begging to see his mate, he didn't see it as stalking, he wanted his mate safe and he thought it was best to take her home, so he could protect her better.

He somewhat agreed with his bear, they would be able to protect their mate better, but it was too soon and he wasn't going to risk anything just because his bear was being grumpy.

He had to pull in the gas stations since he was running out of fuel. Pulling up to the pump, he gets out of his truck and is automatically hit with the desirable scent that drove his body insane.

His mate was near.

His bear became giddy and excited knowing his mate was near them. Looking around the parking lot he spotted her little red car.

The car was running, but he couldn't see her as he was facing the back of it and he huffed, upset he couldn't even get a glipse of her.

The car pulled back out of the parking spot, and at that moment he saw part of her, for the briefest moment and time stood still for him.

She had long brown locks, they looked to be wavy, and they blew back as the car window was down. With the wind blowing her hair back, when she drove by her fresh scent hit him in the face, almost knocking him to his knees. Honey and lavender, that was what she smelled like and he loved it.

A deep rumble escaped him, as he took in another deep breath. He closed his eyes, inhaling the now fainting scent of his mate. She smelt amazing that all he wanted to do was bury his nose in her hair and cover himself in her scent, showing everyone that he belongs to just her.

He finished pumping, he had already paid before with his card, he quickly enters his car and follows her. He didn't want to do this, it wasn't the plan. But with the foxes around he wanted to make sure she got back to her room. If anything happened to her and he wasn't there to keep an eye out, it would kill him and his bear.

They just found her, they wouldn't be able to cope if anything happened after waiting all this time for her.

By the time he made it to the motel, he sees her door closing, the curtains that were open were now being shut. He couldn't believe he still didn't get a good look at her and he growled, upset by the fact.

Fuck you are not a creep. Stop it, he thought to himself, shaking his head.

He was bound to run into her sooner or later, and he was praying it would be real soon.

With that thought, he drove off, heading back to his cabin, happy as hell because he knew one day soon, his home will include her.

He will be the best damn mate for her, she will not want to leave him. She will want for nothing and have everything she desires. All he wants is to make her happy and he couldn't wait for the day he would come home and she would be there waiting for him, with open arms.

Damn he is just too sweet! I hope your liking the sorry so far, and if you are don't forget to vote and comment.