The Millionaire's Prologue

Prologue

"Today marks the day that CEO William Cruise of Silver Enterprises signs over the company to eldest son and heir of the family fortune, Austin Cruise. Late last month Austin and former friend of the family, Silvia Starling joined hands in marriage in what so many people are calling the wedding of the century."

I almost choked.

How can people be so blind?! Clearly the wedding was a train wreck...mainly because both parties weren't thrilled about getting married.

Silvia was the golden girl of the music industry. She was currently signed the the Cruise family's record label, Studded Silver Records. I'm sure her involvement with the record label was the only reason why Mr. and Mrs. Cruise thought so highly of the piece of plastic that was Silvia Starling. Hence the reason why they insisted that their only son and heir to the family business, Austin, should make the barbie his wife.

I can tell you one thing right now. Austin shouldn't have played along with that game because look at where it's got him.

Somewhere out there is an exotic island with the newlywed couple on it, Silvia probably having way more fun than Austin.

To you it may sound like I'm just a crazy Austin Cruise fan, but no, I'm actually a lot more than that.

I an Violet Rhys and I was the girlfriend that was thrown out of the picture so that the Cruise family could gain a larger fan base.

Now...I'm just the millionaire's mistress...contrary to popular belief of course.