The Millionaire's Crazy Daughter

The past few days weren't nearly what I had hoped for. Chloe barely spoke any words to me and she sure as hell wouldn't sit downstairs and watch a movie with me either.

Sienna and Austin were supposedly on their way home from the airport. I knew they were both going to just get home and go straight to bed though because of the jet lag. So that gave me a few more hours to clear everything up with Chloe.

I walked into her dark purple bedroom. She liked purple and zebra so that was the overall theme for her. She was sitting down on the floor, staring helplessly at her barbies and My Little Pony dolls. A normally vivacious kid was now now almost lifeless just because I wasn't ready to tell her dad about the 3rd Cruise baby.

It just didn't feel right.

"Can I come in?" I asked quietly, snapping her out of her trance. She looked at me momentarily before getting up to sit on her bed. She nodded and I entered the room, taking a seat right next to her. "What's wrong?" I asked even though I already knew the answer. "Why don't you talk to me anymore?"

She shrugged, "I don't understand, Violet. Why can't you tell my daddy about...you know? I don't think he'll be that upset."

"You know, I don't even think that's what's bothering you anymore. I think there's something else to this story."

"What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"We're home!" I heard a little voice call from downstairs. It was definitely Sienna.

"Chloe, you can't tell anyone about this. Not even Sienna. I'll do it soon though if it makes you feel better, ok?"

"Fine."

Both Austin and SiSi walked into the room. Sienna dropped her pink backpack on the floor and ran to hug Chloe, "I missed you, Coco!" She all but screamed and then turned to me, "I missed you too, Violet."

Chloe has insomnia and Sienna has separation issues. I didn't care though, they were adorable nonetheless.

"I missed you more, Sen."

"What's wrong with you?" Austin asked Chloe, "You normally would have attacked me by now."

She avoided eye contact which wasn't helping my case at all. She shook her head and literally turned her back to him. Austin gave me a weird look, "What's wrong with her?"

I shrugged. I had a weird feeling that if I made up another lie, Chloe would rat me out. Besides, I didn't feel like lying anyway.

+
+
+

I didn't want to move. I was so warm and comfortable right here. Austin had his arm draped around my waist, I could feel his face at the back of my head, in my messy hair.

I needed to move now though or risk being found out and have a stained white carpet. Why was everything in this room white? I was a walking disaster.

I shot out of bed and ran down the stairs, entering the bathroom farthest away from the upstairs bedroom. I didn't want anyone to come down here after the noise went traveling up the stairs. I threw open the toilet lid and threw up the contents of my empty stomach.

This was the worst.

I reached for a cloth and wiped my mouth. God, I need to eat something.

"Not sick anymore, huh?" Austin crossed her arms and leaned against the doorframe. I've told him countless times that I was feeling better. I guess to him I looked like a liar now.