The Millionaire's Mistress & the Dilemma

My life was literally going down the shit hole at the fastest rate one could possibly imagine.

I sat in my grandma's doctor's office with her. She was too scared to come by herself and I was too bored to say no.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Not only did the words the doctor just said play in the back of my mind over and over again, but so did the sobs of my poor grandma.

Terminal cancer. Could die any day.

I broke down and cried with my grandma. Once she was gone, I had nobody.

"I'm so sorry," the doctor man said. He seemed to be fairly young, maybe in his early thirties.

"Is there anything you can do?" I asked while wiping at the tears flowing down my cheeks, "Anything at all?"

He shook his head, sympathy all over his face, "It's terminal. That means its reached the point where we can do nothing but admit your grandmother into the hospice ward."

I full out bawled. I was going to lose the only person who has ever been there for me when I needed someone the most. I wasn't worried about what would happen to me after she passed, I honestly hadn't even thought about it until now. I'd be a selfish bitch if that's the only thing that came to my mind. I was going to miss her. My only family.

My own friends don't even talk to me anymore. I don't know what I did. Everyone just leaves, and the only one who didn't, I pushed away. He probably hates me now too.

Grandma turned to look at me, wiping her own tears from her eyes and putting on a reassuring smile, "Don't worry about me, Vi. You won't even think about me after awhile."

I gave her a stupid look, "How could you even say that grandma?"

"You'll do just fine on your own."

+
+
+

I swallowed my pride as I walked into the headquarters of the multimillion dollar company. I felt like showing my face in here probably would've been one of the dumbest things I could possibly do right now.

I need to get a job though and this was the only place I even remotely had a shot at getting hired at.

As I walked into the main office complex at the very top floor of the skyscraper, I was greeted with dullness and depression. The people here seemed to be going with the casual workflow. They weren't how I remembered them, with their vibrant colors and vivacious attitudes. They seemed more dead than living now with dark clothing. This place was docile.

"Can I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked, her eyes glued to her computer screen. Her name tag read 'Joan'. Even the names here were boring.

"I wanted to turn my application in," I said while handing her the filled out piece of paper.

She looked at it for a brief moment, "We're doing interviews the same day the application is turned in. Are you ready for an interview?" She asked while looking at my clothing. I was wearing flare jeans and a light pink hoody.

"Uh...yes?" I answered unsurely.

Joan sighed, "Alright. It's your funeral," she handed me my application and got up from her desk. "I'm sure Mr. Cruise has time for one more interview. Follow me," she lead me back to the large set of metal double doors with the initials AC engraved into them.