The Millionaire and the Freaking Liar

I was scared upon seeing the nurse drop everything she was doing and go running out of the room. She hadn't said anything the whole time she was checking out my last ever ultrasound, but I honestly didn't expect anything of it.

I shot Austin a worried look only to see him giving me the same one in return. Hmm...some comfort he is. "What if he's dead?" I asked.

"Well, he's obviously not. You can hear the heartbeat on the monitor."

Oh yeah, "Shut up," I mumbled, totally feeling like an idiot. My heart hit the floor when I saw the same nurse lady and my doctor walk in, all worried. Forget Austin, some comfort they were!

"What's going on?" I snapped. It's been a long and painful day. I didn't want to add a possible tragedy to the mix.

"Just let me take a look," the doc said while checking out the ultrasound. "Hmm..." He paused.

The suspense was literally killing me, "What?"

"We're going to have to do an emergency C-section," he said.

"What for?" Austin and I asked at the same time. I guess we didn't even give the man a chance to explain himself. I have a feeling he was about to tell us why, hadn't we interrupted him.

"There isn't only one baby like we had originally thought. There's actually two."

Nuh uh.

Freaking liar.

+
+
+

"You look funny," I told Austin as I impatiently waited this whole procedure out. There was a blue sheet covering my lower half up so I couldn't see what the doctors were doing. I'm just glad I couldn't feel anything either.

"And you're definitely one of the rudest people I've ever met," he said while adjusting the ugly blue hair cap they made him wear.

I felt a slight abdominal pressure before hearing baby cries, "Here's baby A," a nurse said while holding the teeny tiny baby out for Austin and I to see but not touch for some odd reason.

My smiling was uncontrollable and out of this world. The happiness level was sky high and I couldn't think of anything other than this little baby, "Is he the one we knew about?" I asked her.

"Um...yeah. Baby B is actually a little girl. She should be here shortly. I'll go get him cleaned up right now and have him back soon."

I was a little pissed off to be completely honest. I wanted to hold him...now!

"Can you tell me what name you decided on now? He's here," Austin asked anxiously. Part of me felt like being a jerk and making him wait until both babies were here and in our arms, but I figured the both of us had to quickly decide on a name for the actual Baby B. I didn't even know about her until now! I felt bad...

"Bradley," I told him. "That's the name I picked for him."

"Not classic," he mumbled, slightly disappointed. "Did they say the other one's a girl or am I just crazy?"

"No, you heard right," I verified, "We should probably think of a name for her."

"Probably."

"What about...hmm...Delia Abigail?" I suggested.

"Not no, but hell no. Elizabeth?"

"It's been done a million times before."

He clearly already seemed frustrated seeing as though he slumped in the spinny office chair and crossed his arms over his chest, "Naya (Nye-Uh) Sophia."

I thought about it for a moment, "I actually like that name. I'm quite surprised you suggested it. It doesn't seem to fit your highly classic standards. Naya Sophia and Bradley Alexander Cruise. You've got a lot of kids now, Mr. Millionaire," I said before feeling that weird abdominal pressure again.

Baby B has arrived.

+
+
+

"How did you fit two babies in your tummy?" Chloe asked while Sienna and Austin both peered in at the babies sleeping soundly in their basinets. She's been here with us at the hospital a whole hour now and still she can't get over the fact that she has two new siblings instead of the one she was guaranteed. I'm almost positive she hasn't even looked at them yet, "I thought you were only having Bradley not a girl too."

"Coco, come here," Sienna said while stepping aside so Chloe could get a peek in. To my utter amazement she went and stood in between Austin and Sienna and actually took in the sight of the newest Cruise family members. I rolled my chair over to be next to Austin on the side where Naya was sleeping.

I knew when I had kids, they were going to be the cutest kids. No one prepared me for how beautiful they actually are though. Naya was a lot smaller than Bradley and he was only 5 and half pounds, so one can only guess how small she was. She was 4 pounds, 9 ounces. Her freaking brother was a nutrient hog. Already acting like a big brother.

"The Doctor said you're supposed to be walking as much as possible," Austin told me with a stern stare plastered to his face as he gave my makeshift wheelchair a dirty look. Hater.

"It hurts," I lied. It only hurt when I made sudden movements or when I went to sit down, walking was actually almost soothing, I was just lazy.

"Are they coming home with us?" Sienna asked.

"They have to stay here for three days," I answered. It was a stupid rule. They were totally fine, I don't know why we all had to stay here.

"How many hours have they been here?" Chloe asked. The girl asked all of the weird questions and I didn't know why. She was absolutely crazy.

"Almost seven," I said after taking a glance up at the clock on the wall. Then the tv caught my eye though. It was Celeb Wire and a picture of...me? Ew, it was an ugly picture.

I reached for the remote and hurriedly turned it up, "Today the Cruise family expands," Angelique said, "It's reported that the long time on-again, off-again girlfriend of Millionaire Austin Cruise had twins today. Yeah, you heard me, twins. Now, neither side of the couple have confirmed the news, but official sources delved even deeper into the birth and found official documents pertaining to the famous new babes," I was shocked to see the official birth certificates of the Twins pop up on the screen in all of Austin's beautiful handwriting glory. "Happy Birthday Bradley Alexander and Naya Sophia Cruise."

I couldn't close my mouth. I was in total shock, "How did they get those? Isn't that a major invasion of privacy?!" I snapped.

Austin shrugged, this most likely happened to him with Chloe and Sienna too, "Birth certificates are public records. You only have to pay twenty dollars to get a copy of anyone's."

"Well, that's stupid."