The Millionaire's Mistress and Lil Bump

I don't think I can keep this hidden much longer.

I took in the shocking appearance in the mirror. A baby bump now protruded from my tummy. I can easily say I don't like looking at this one bit.

I'm nearing the fifth month, or twenty weeks, mark and still no one other than Chloe knows about this baby. I'm eternally grateful that she knows how to keep something a secret.

There was a light tap on the bathroom door, "Vi, you ok?" Austin asked. I pulled the oversized sweatshirt back down and opened the door only to be greeted by Austin's worried gaze.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I put on a smile and tried to walk past him and back to bed. He grabbed ahold of my wrist and brought me back to him, causing me to let out a frustrated sigh.

"I don't know, you've been doing this for quite some time now. I think you should get checked out."

"I'm fine," I tried to defend.

"Please, Vi."

I gave him a hard stare and then walked away and this time he actually let me.

+
+
+

I was freaking out.

This couldn't be the day that Austin was finally brought into the light of my growing little secret. I needed to think of a way to get out of this. It was a little hard though, seeing as my tests were already being ran and were probably on their way back to me right now.

Austin sat in the chair in the corner whilst I sat nervously on the small, unsettling bed. We dropped the girls off at Austin's parents house before coming to The Urgent Care.

"I have to go find a bathroom," I said while sliding off the bed and heading for the door.

He looked up from his tablet worriedly, "Are you going to throw up again?"

"No. I have to pee," I was actually lying. I needed to find the doctor and try to bribe him into not reading my tests out loud. I left the room and headed down the hallway, almost instantly running into a familiar face.

I didn't like this guy though and I definitely couldn't remember his name.

"Hey, I was actually just going to go in and give you your test results," he said. "I thought you were in here not too long ago though."

"No!" I snapped, "Listen, Mr. Doctor man-"

"Cole," he cut me off, "It's Cole."

"Ok, Cole...you don't have to read those out loud. I already know what they're gonna say and I don't want anybody else knowing what they say."

"Who...like your boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"Why are you hiding it? What do you honestly think he's gonna do? Leave you?"

I shook my head, "Of course not! I just don't wanna..." I trailed off.

"Well, I saw you still haven't gone to any prenatal appointments."

"Why the hell do you care?"

Austin came walking out and I had to mentally slap myself on the forehead. He's really bad with timing, "I thought you said you had to go to the bathroom, not yell at doctors," he laughed. This was no laughing matter. "Do you know if she got any tests back?"

I sent Cole a pleading look. He shook his head, "Oh. Yeah, she actually did. Everything came back negative."

Hey, I guess this jerk wasn't so bad after all.

Austin gave Cole a weird look, almost as if he didn't believe him in the least. "Then...why does she..." He trailed off, leaving his unfinished sentence dangling in the air.

Cole laughed at something, "She's like a gremlin. You probably shouldn't feed her after a certain time."

Oh yeah, real nice.

"And to think I was starting to like you," I said.

"You know each other?" Austin asked. If he was confused before, then the word didn't even describe him now. "Whoa, I'm so confused."

"No, I don't know him," I lied. I had a feeling if I were to admit that I had been here before, Austin would get all defensive and start asking stupid questions. I didn't want to deal with that right now and I definitely didn't have to.

I just wanted to go home.

+
+
+

I think I need to invest in some more baggy shirts. The bump was getting big and my normal attire gave it away. I searched the giant closet for something comfy to sleep in and ended up grabbing one of Austin's black tee shirts and then a pair of my athletic shorts. After putting them on, I walked back into the bedroom and crawled into bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked Austin while planting a kiss on his jaw and then rested my head on his shoulder.

"Research," he answered simply.

I moved away from him a little bit and laid my head down on the pillow now, covering myself up with the white top sheet. "Research on what?"

"Your 'gremlin' disease," he did air quotes.

"Oh yeah, and what did you find?" I wasn't really interested, but I just felt the need to ask.

"Ridiculous things. Morning sickness being one of them. You can't be pregnant though, you're too skinny," he almost made a joke out of it. I'm not that skinny anymore. He's only saying that 'cause he hasn't seen me naked in quite awhile now. "You would tell me if you were though, right?" He asked.

I nodded slowly and bit my lip nervously, "Mmhmm. Of course."

"Ok then...goodnight," he put his tablet on the nightstand and then turned the lamp off.

"Goodnight," I responded while rolling over to face away from him.

I was falling into a much needed sleep when I felt Austin's arms slowly snake it's way around my waist. I quickly pushed it away and moved closer to the edge of the bed. Can't have him feeling Lil Bump, now can I?

"Oh my god," he grumbled. "You won't even let me touch you now? What next?"

I didn't know how to respond so I just stayed silent.

I could feel him get off the bed and then heard him walk out of the room, making sure to slam the door behind him. Why was he so mad at me?