Millionaire VS. Millionaire

"Ooh, these cupcakes are good, Violet," Chloe said while mauling the chocolate cupcake with the blue frosting. Sienna nodded in agreement while eating hers.

Today was the day of my baby shower. I didn't want one, but my due date was drawing closer and closer. I could actually pop any day now and some friends suggested I have one just to get a little extra stuff for Baby B. That was the nickname he had earned from my new friend Hannah, the receptionist from the clinic.

I had actually met a lot of people in the past few months. They were there for me like no other people have ever been. It made me feel like I wasn't alone and I needed that, especially right now.

I let Chloe and Sienna come to the party even though I was nowhere near on speaking terms with Austin. Part of me almost wishes I could fix things with him though, maybe it would be good for the baby. Other people like, Luke and Owen were here too, Greg and Amber - she's actually really cool - and Cole, his mom Julie and Hannah. There weren't a lot of people, but they were the people I liked.

"Can you please tell us what you're going to name him?" Sienna pleaded. I didn't want to tell them. What if they told Austin?

I rolled my eyes playfully but leaned in to whisper the name to them anyway. As I pulled away, they both covered their mouths and gasped while exchanging glances with each other, "I love that name!" Chloe yelled and suddenly went all blank faced, "Are we ever going to be able to see him?"

I nodded, "I'll make sure you get to."

"Daddy says you're still mad at him. Is he ever going to see the baby?"

"I don't know, Chloe," I tried to think of a new topic, "Who's coming to pick you guys up?"

"Avery," they sighed. Clearly they hated the girl.

"Why is she the nanny if you hate her so much?" I questioned, not honestly thinking of one good reason why Austin would do that to his poor kids.

"'Cause grandma hired her," Chloe said and that totally answered the question. And I'm not even being sarcastic. "What time is it?"

I looked around the room for a clock, "1:34. Why?"

"Avery said she'd be here at 1:30," Sienna said as Chloe hung her head sadly. "We should go wait outside, Coco," she grabbed Chloe's hand and started walking for the front door.

"I'll go with you guys," I said while grabbing my coat and following them outside. There was no car parked and waiting so the three of us took a seat on the cement steps.

"When's his birthday?" Chloe asked while wrapping her arms around my large tummy.

I smiled, "It could be any day now."

"Are you scared?"

I had every reason to be afraid and yet that wasn't something I was feeling right now. I shook my head, "No, I'm not scared." The very familiar black Cadillac CTS with tinted windows came pulling in, "So she's driving your dad's cars now?" I asked. It sounded like I was jealous, but I didn't feel that way.

"Um...that is dad," Sienna said while getting up and running down the driveway.

"I'm gonna go back inside, k Chloe?" I said while using the side rail to help me get back to my feet. The bump was a little restricting nowadays. I didn't even fit behind the wheel of my car anymore.

"No, please Violet," Chloe grabbed the hem of my dress and pulled to stop me from going anywhere, "Please just say hi."

"Hi!" I yelled while waving like an insane person, "Now I'm going, Chloe," I pulled my dress free from her small hand and tried to walk back inside, but just as I placed my hand on the door knob a sudden wave of emotion came over me and tears just started falling. I turned back around only to see the best people who have ever entered my life, walking away. I ran down the driveway as fast as my pregnant self would allow, "Austin, wait!"

He turned around, utter confusion on his face as I got even closer and threw my arms around his neck, "I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"Why are you sorry? I'm the idiot. I always walk all over you. Vi, I don't deserve you," he unwrapped my arms from his neck, rejecting me.

"No," I cried even harder, maybe this was just the extra hormones 'cause I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do this on a normal day. "Don't say that. We're both idiots, that's why we're meant for each other. That's probably why you keep getting thrown into my life after I try so hard to convince myself that I want you gone."

"What are you saying than?"

"I want to try this one more time."

He smiled and nodded, "Ok."

"Whoa whoa whoa! Violet, what are you doing?!" I watched as Cole came running down the driveway. "You can't seriously be going back to him! You hated him just this morning."

Austin stayed silent but I was half-expecting him to lash out or make a comeback with some smart ass comment. I guess I'd have to defend him then, "Cole, I can make my own decisions."

"Violet! You're an idiot! How many times are you going to let him walk all over you before you see that he's bad?"

I ignored him and started to look around for the girls and soon found them on the opposite side of the car whispering to each other. "Do you guys wanna come back inside?" I asked while outstretching my hand for either one of them. Chloe grabbed it and Sienna lead the way back up to the house. I stopped and turned to face Cole and Austin again, "Both of you, come on," I made a motion with my hand signaling them to follow me.

Cole walked past me and into the house whereas as Austin just stopped right behind Chloe, "Vi, I'm not going in there," he stated, almost seeming sad. Depressed even sounded like a better word to describe him at the moment.

"Why not? What's wrong?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone in there hates me, so I'd rather not go in. Have Sienna call me when it's over and I'll come pick them up."

I gave him a look, "Please, I think Cole's the only one not...fond of you. Besides, not many people are even here."

He rolled his eyes, "Five minutes and then I'm leaving."

I smiled, grabbed his hand with my free one and walked back into the house. All eyes were suddenly on us and everything went quiet.

Gregory was the first one to approach us. Chloe and Sienna ran off, probably going out into the backyard with Luke. They did like him and he liked them, even though they were all scared to admit it for some odd reason. "Well hello Austin. I can't believe you dropped in."

He scoffed as if he's heard this before, "Hey Greg. Can't believe I didn't miss your annoying self at all," he joked with a forced smile. I was tempted to elbow him for being rude but instead I just walked off and ended up talking to Hannah and Amber.

"So what's he doing here? What's the point of having two millionaire's in your life?" Hannah asked.

"I sure do hope Austin gets himself figured out," Amber commented before I could respond to Hannah's question. "He seems nice enough. Greg says Silver's actually been off the radar for a couple months now, it's loosing profits and it's not worth a billion anymore."

I switched my gaze from them to Gregory and Austin who still seemed to be having an unfriendly, mocking conversation with each other. Austin looks different and I don't like this different, "He seems sad," I said, just barely above a whisper. Truth be told, I didn't mean for that to slip.

"Well, he should still be rich even though the company is going to complete hell. I bet he can get himself some high quality Happy Pills," Hannah joked, but I didn't find it funny at all.

Did I do this to Austin?