The Millionaire's Wedding

August 27 was without a doubt the hardest day of my life. The whole event ruined my idea of the perfect month.

It was the day I watched as the only guy I've ever loved married the girl I used to call my best friend. And to make things worse, I got to watch up close because Silvia had made me a bridesmaid.

Either she was set on making my life terrible, or she thought there was nothing wrong between us. Nothing that needed fixing. Well she was wrong if that was the case.

I seemed to be the only one not enjoying this and I was set on showing how I felt to the world. I looked and felt like a two dollar whore in the purple strapless mini dress that Silvia picked out for me and the rest of her bridesmaids to wear. The seven inch black pumps did nothing for me either. She even dressed the groomsmen herself, forcing them all to wear black three piece suits with a white shirt and purple tie.

I kept on exchanging silly looks with one of the groomsmen and also best friend, Howard. He was clearly just as disgusted with this whole thing as I was. Neither of us wanted to see someone so close to us, at one point, marry the she-devil.

I'm sure our shenanigans would be reported tomorrow on Celebrity Wire for the whole world to see but frankly I just don't give a damn. If making faces at Howard to stay occupied would ruin this wedding slightly more than it already was, you better believe that I'm gonna do it!

It was my turn to make a move since Howard just did and mind you, it wasn't funny...at all. So I had to step up my game.

This dress had no pockets and I don't go anywhere without my phone. I believe that's why I was born a girl though.

Bras.

They're a beautiful thing.

I reached in for my phone and pulled it out. I'm sure nobody saw that.

It's selfie time.

I was the second girl in a line of seven. Another one of my good friends, Reyna was standing in front of me. So I held my phone up in front of her and made Silvia's signature duck face. Reyna puffed her lips out too and made the peace sign. She also hated Silvia with a passion and was intent on ruining this day for her.

As soon as I put my phone away again and looked up just to take that honorary glance at Austin, the groom and love of my life, I was shocked to see that he was actually cracking up along with the rest of the groomsmen.

I turned to look at the crowd of 900 guests and saw the majority giving me an awful look. The younger people were laughing though just like rest of the bridal party. Actually, the only person standing by the altar that didn't seem to be thrilled was Silvia but that was only to be expected.

The reverend cleared his throat after a bout of laughter, "Well, anyways. I now province you Mr. and Mrs. Cruise. You may kiss the bride."

That's when this whole thing actually became real for me. When I saw Silvia attack Austin with her three times overdone plastic lips, it was like I could actually feel my heart hit the floor.

The bridesmaids and groomsmen all started to chase after Silvia and Austin as they walked back down the aisle, a newly married couple. Reyna and Howard didn't seem to want that though so they rushed over to me.

Howard wrapped his arms around me as Reyna gave a sympathetic look, "It's going to be ok, Violet. The three of us can leave right now and go catch a movie or something. Maybe get some dinner or ice cream."

I wasn't ready to sob into his designer Armani suit just yet. I would save that for a later date.

"And if it makes you feel any better Vi, it doesn't look like Austin is enjoying this." I knew he wasn't. I knew he dreaded just the thought of Silvia, so marriage definitely brought on the suicidal thoughts. "Instead of people reporting this wedding tomorrow morning, they're going to be reporting Austin's death probably," Reyna said almost as if it were funny. That only made me feel worse!

"Yeah. Lets go see a movie," I said.

<><><><>

"For the love of God, Violet!" My heartless, unsupportive stepmother, Lacy yelled at me, "You're twenty-four years old!"

"Yeah, and you're twenty six!" I replied.

My real mom died of cancer when I was 17, leaving me and my dad alone for a year before he announced his engagement to the Japanese mail order bride that is Lacy. I never thought my dad would be one to date let alone marry a women so much younger than him.

"I'm still technically your mother!" She spat, "Now, whether you like it or not, Austin is married and probably on his way to being a daddy so you should stop moping around. It's not going to help you get him back."

I narrowed my eyes. She is so stupid! "You know what. I don't even know why I came here. Clearly I was wrong in thinking that maybe you would be helpful for once," I started heading for the door. I knew where I could go next. The only place that ever soothed me.

"Violet wait!" Lacy chased after me in her six inch stilettos. "Your father and I have an announcement!"

I rolled my eyes and turned to face her, thinking maybe she finally realized that she was too young for my dad and was filing for divorce. I'm pretty sure the look on her face told me that's not what that was though.

"I'm pregnant! You're going to have little brothers!"

I scoffed and continued out the door.

Wait.

Did she say brothers? Plural?

Pic of: Violet Rhys