The Other Millionaire

I walked out of the doctor's office, clutching the ultrasound pictures of Lil Bump to my chest. "He's a boy," I said to Cole as we walked to his car. "I'm so happy..."

"Congrats," he said as we both got into the car. "Do you know what you're gonna name him?"

I shook my head, "I haven't really ever thought about it. It just sucks to know that I have no one to tell now."

"What do you mean? You don't have any friends? Huh...who's the socially awkward one now?"

"I have my reasons for not having friends."

"Mhmm...sure."

+
+
+

I suppose I was going to need a better place to live very soon. I don't think I'll want to take a brand new baby home to a motel room.

That's why I find myself here though.

GC Enterprises. Home of the second hottest millionaire in the world. Gregory C. Carter. Austin and him were rivals, always battling it out over who has the most clients and who sells the most. One of them would take first place every other month, it was a vicious cycle.

It was sad how these were literally the only people hiring anywhere near me though.

As I walked into the main office area I noticed the people immediately. They were definitely a lot more lively than the people at Silver Enterprises. The only uniforms these workers had was a smile which they all seemed to wear proudly. I could get used to this.

"You are a very familiar face." I turned to face the man in the classy dark blue suit. It was the millionaire himself, Gregory Carter. He too wore a welcoming smile and that made me smile back. "Where have I seen you before? Have we met?"

I shook my head, "I don't think so. I'm Violet Rhys."

"Ohh. Didn't you date Austin Cruise? You were the babysitter also, correct?"

"Yeah. I did do those things. I don't anymore though."

"Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that. What can I do for you?"

"I saw that you're hiring-"

He cut me off, "Do you like being a nanny?"

"I do-"

"Do you think maybe you could fill that position for me? I have two young boys and my wife is never home to take care of them so I have to bring them to work with me. It gets a little...distracting sometimes."

"I would love to do that," I said. It's funny how his kids are the opposite of Austin's. He has two sons while Austin has two daughters.

"Wonderful. Would you like to meet them?"

I nodded.

"Follow me," he said before walking off and eventually leading me into a large office. It was bigger than Austin's with more expensive things. My eyes immediately landed on the little boy playing with Hotwheels on the floor, dressed almost exactly like Gregory. He was cute with his semi curly blonde hair and dark green eyes.

He got off the floor and padded over to Gregory and I. "Hello. My name is Lucas Carter," he said while outstretching his tiny little hand out to me. I reached out and shook it politely.

"It's nice to meet you Lucas, I'm Violet."

"Luke, Violet is going to be your's and Owen's babysitter," Gregory explained.

"So we can sleep in?!" He cheered.

I knew there was two of them, and I already met Lucas so then where's Owen?