The Millionaire's New Home

It may have been a month or so delayed but we did end up having dinner together. Granted it wasn't at a restaurant. It was in my small, one bedroom apartment.

"Howard! Take the chicken out of the oven!" Reyna said while downing a glass of champagne.

He gave her a menacing look, "You do it lazy ass!" He yelled back while throwing a single black olive at her face.

"I'm glad to see that you two haven't changed in the past couple of months," Austin laughed. "Still very childish, I see."

"Oh, go fuck yourself," Howard chucked an olive at him now too. "At least I'm not cheating on my pregnant wife."

Low blow.

"You would never have a wife though," Reyna said.

"Fine. Husband. At least I wouldn't cheat on my husband," he clarified which made me laugh.

"I hear it's a test tube baby. You really hate Silvia that much?" Reyna asked.

"Why are you hating on test tubers?" Howard interjected, "I was one myself and I turned out normal...ish. I'm gonna love this kid. When does it crawl out of Silvia's nasty V?"

"Sometime in April," Austin answered.

"Oh. So in three months? Is it a boy or a girl?" Reyna asked.

"Can't tell you."

"Are you excited?" I asked. I sensed mixed feelings from him.

"Sometimes," he shrugged, "But then I realize...never mind," he shook his head.

"Well...come eat some food," Howard yelled.

+

+

+

I could live like this. I actually wish I could.

I want to be the one to go to sleep at night knowing that I'm forever secured financially. I want to be the one to wake up in the morning with an arm fastened around my waist, keeping me safe at night.

I deserved to be the one living in the fancy Cruise Mansion! Not Silvia!

"Violet," Austin grumbled from beside me, moving his arm away from me and tucking it underneath the pillow instead. "Shut it up!"

I was just barely awake, so I honestly had no clue what he was talking about until I heard my phone start blasting 'Shake it Off' by Taylor Swift. I quickly sat up and grabbed the phone off the bedside table.

My dad was calling. I wonder what he wanted. I haven't told him about what I caught Lacey doing in Victoria's Secret yet. I honestly wasn't even sure if I was going to tell him. Did he deserve to know?

Just as it was about to go to voicemail, I answered it, "Hello?" My voice was groggy and gross.

"Violet! Lacey's being admitted to the hospital. I need you to meet her there," he seemed way too calm.

I scoffed, "Sorry dad. I already have plans for today. I'm not sitting in the hospital with Lacey until you finally decide to show up. She's a big girl, she can do this herself. What's wrong anyway?"

"She's having the babies."

"Oh. Yeah sorry, I'm not going to that. Bye," I hung up immediately, before he could guilt trip me.

Austin grabbed my arm and pulled me back down, "What's going on?" He asked while propping himself up on his elbow. He seemed wide awake and alert suddenly. There was still that cloud of fatigue in his eyes though.