The Millionaire's Sick Girlfriend

Why do I feel this way? It's like a mix of the stomach flu and downright bizarre cravings.

Austin had planned to take Sienna back to Paris for a couple of days since his family just now decided to leave the place and it's been a few freaking months. I did not want to go and neither did Chloe so we would be roughing it here back at the mansion while they were gone. Chloe's cool, I would hold down a fort with her any damn day of the week.

Austin and Sienna had actually just left and that was Chloe and I's cue to get this party started and whip out the boardgames.

"Do we have any ice cream, Violet?" She asked while running into the living room with monopoly in her hands.

"I don't know, probably. I think I want real food though. Why don't we go out and get a pizza, we could buy a cake while we're at it and maybe get a couple wii games too. God, we're gonna have so much fun while they're gone," I said while getting up and looking for my shoes and a spare set of car keys. There were tons of cars down in the garage, there had to be one set of keys somewhere.

"Are you looking for these?" Chloe asked while dangling exactly what I was looking for right in front of her. I caught the small glimpse of the design imprinted on the car key.

"Ooh, your daddy is gonna kill us," I said while snatching the set away from her and holding it gloriously in my hand. It was the key to the fancy Lamborghini with the light blue chrome paint. This car was Austin's third baby. I'm honestly surprised he didn't ship it out to Paris with him. "Oh yeah, we're going to the grocery store in style, Coco."

+
+
+

"Cheese pizza," Chloe said as we looked over the options in the frozen food section.

"Really? I was thinking more like spinach and mushroom," at first I was just kidding her but then the thought of actually eating it came to mind and I couldn't shake it.

"Why don't we get both?"

"You're a problem solver, kid. You can be the next Sherlock Holmes," I told her while putting the two pizzas into the shopping cart. "What else?"

"You said you wanted cake. I said I wanted ice cream. We should get both."

I laughed, "By the time your dad gets back, we're both going to be ten pounds heavier with diabetes."

"You go to the gym!" She said as if that was supposed to mean something, "I do ballet and play soccer. We aren't going to get fat. Can we please get both, Violet?"

I thought about it for a short moment, "I don't see why not."

"Violet?!" I turned around at the familiar, and yet still totally foreign voice.

"Howard."

"H-how've you been?"

"Great," I said quickly while pushing the cart away from him and giving Chloe a gentle shove in the same direction I was now heading. He freaking followed me though.

"Hey, can we talk please? I miss you, Vi. I miss our small group of friends."

I scoffed, "Yeah, well don't you wish you would have seen that when you told me you didn't want to hang around me anymore? What happened to Dani? I thought she was so cool and more fun than me!" I snapped. Chloe looked utterly confused. She's never seen Howard in her life. I'm sure he's seen her though. Creep.

"Reyna and I both agreed that she's not nearly as cool as you. Please, can all three of us just sit down and talk? It's been forever. Who's this? Did you get married...and have a kid?"

I almost laughed at the freaked out expression Chloe had, "No. Violet's not married to my dad. They're dating though," she smiled while holding out her hand to Howard a little hesitantly. She was shy, but she definitely had manners and that's what I loved about both her and Sienna, "I'm Chloe Cruise," she introduced.

"C-Chloe...Cruise? You're dating Austin again, Violet? I thought you hated him! What are you doing with his kid, and I thought her name was Sienna not Chloe. Whoa, and what happened to Silvia?"

"Sienna's her big sister," I explained, "Don't you watch tv? Austin and Silvia divorced each other like a million years ago. Now goodbye, I have stuff to do."

Yeah, real important stuff like throwing up all over the damn bread aisle. That was so weird. I hadn't felt bad since earlier this morning. It went away, or so I thought.

"Ewie," Chloe covered her mouth to keep herself from spewing also.

"I'll get someone to clean this up," Howard said and came back seconds later with a store employee and a mop. "I didn't know you were sick," he said while pushing me away from the less than desirable puddle on the floor.

"I didn't think I was either. That's weird. I don't even feel bad now."

"Oh my God, you have cancer," he joked, but I didn't find it very funny. Actually, it reminded me of the exact reason why I wasn't friends with him anymore. Him and Reyna both went and decided to dump me when I needed them the most.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Goodbye, jackass."

+
+
+

I can't believe I ended up here...on a Friday night of all times.

The Urgent Care.

Chloe was starting to freak out so this was more for her than for me. I guess she doesn't like sick people. They scare her or something.

We were actually just waiting for a doctor to come in with test results 'cause we've already been here for a few hours. "Do you think it's something bad?" Chloe asked.

I shook my head, "I doubt it. I don't even feel bad anymore."

"I just don't want you to have cancer," she mumbled. "I don't like seeing people die...or be sick. I hate being sick."

I cracked a smile, "You are definitely your father's daughter," the comparisons were almost freaky actually.

There was a light knock on the door, and seconds later the most familiar doctor in the whole world walked in. Where have I seen him before?

Hmmm...he kind of looked like a god. An extremely irresistible god.

I shook the thoughts from my head. No, Austin is an irresistible god. Mmm...I have two irresistible gods in my life now.

"Hey, I've seen you before," he commented.

"Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. I don't remember where I've seen you though." I thought and thought and thought and finally I remembered, "Ohh, you're the guy that told me my grandma had two days to live," I crossed my arms over my chest. "So empathetic."

"Oh yeah. Well, I don't think I said it like that exactly. It looks like you did just fine though. I remember you thinking that you were going to be alone. You look far from alone right now."

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

He pointed to Chloe, "Kids are the best kind of company there is," he seemed to be hinting at something.

"Oh. No, she's not mine. I'm her...nanny, I guess."

"I guess it doesn't matter anymore."

Huh?

"Well, lets look at these, shall we?" He held up the Manila folder, "Do you want her in here for this?"

"Why? Do I have an STD or something? Why can't she hear?"

"Um...no? Do you have reason to believe that you have an STD?"

I shook my head, "No! Now get to the point. I want to go home."

"You're ten weeks pregnant."

What?