The Millionaire's Second Choice

"What?" Silvia snapped, "I knew you had too much to drink. You need to go to bed because you're not thinking straight right now. We'll talk in the morning."

"No," Austin pushed her away as she reached out to grab his hand. "I want you gone. I. Don't. Love. You," he spat.

"I'm pregnant! You can't divorce me now. That'll cause too much of a scene and we all know how much you hate those."

Austin almost jumped backwards, "W-what?"

Silvia bugged her eyes and nodded, "Yeah. I'm pregnant."

I'm calling bull shit! She can't be pregnant, look at that body.

"Liar!" He yelled while walking down the hallway. Silvia chased after him and I took this as the perfect opportunity to leave.

As I walked out of the complex, I called Reyna, but she didn't answer so then I called Howard. It was on its last ring before he answered, "Hello?" He too sounded a bit tipsy. "Violet?"

"Yeah, it's me," I said while summoning a cab and crawling into the backseat. "Are you guys still at the club?"

"Um...no. We're at Dani's house," he laughed. Who the hell is Dani?

"Who's Dani?"

"A girl Reyna and I met at the club. She's so awesome and she doesn't leave her friends for God knows what reason," he seemed mad at me. "Bye, Violet." He hung up before I could say anything else.

"Where do you need to go?" The taxi driver asked impatiently.

"Oh. Um..." I proceeded to tell him my grandma's address since it was getting pretty late and I honestly had nowhere else to go.

The drive seemed way longer than it should have been, so when we finally got there, I was grateful. He held his hand out to me, "Fifty bucks," he demanded.

Shit!

I realized that I didn't have my purse, must have left it at Austin's, and I was almost positive my grandma didn't have any spare money either. Not like I would ask her for it anyway, she does enough for me as it is. I looked down as my phone started to blare my musical ringtone, and answered it immediately, "Austin!" I snapped, "I left my purse at your house."

"Yeah, I know. I'm looking right at it. You're in a bit of trouble, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I can't pay this cab driver."

"You're lucky I thought ahead and am on my way," he paused, seeming to realize something, "Where are you?"

I laughed, "My grandma's house. Wait...why are you driving?"

He sighed, "Oh my God. Relax, I'm fine."

He didn't sound fine. He sounded like a tipsy Howard and that was never good.

+
+
+

Austin handed me my purse and then gave the driver the money he needed all whilst I held Sienna.

"Austin?" I snapped my head in the direction of the new voice. Grandma. "What are you doing here?" She raced down the driveway and over to him, embracing him in a tight hug in a matter of seconds.

"I just had to drop something off for-"

"Is that Sienna?" she cut him off while approaching me. I nodded to her, "She's so beautiful Austin."

"Thanks."

"So are you going back home now then?" I asked as my grandma rubbed baby Sienna's small back.