The Millionaire Wants Her Back

"Why aren't you dressed up, Violet?" Sienna asked while twirling around in her sparkly gold Gucci dress and strapy white ballet shoes.

"I'm not going with you guys," I answered before looking up from the book I had grabbed off the shelf. It was all in French though, I was just too lazy to put it down. Plus, it made it look like I knew something about the family culture.

"Why not?" Austin asked while walking into the room, fiddling with black tie around his neck that went well with the white button up shirt he was wearing.

"I didn't think I was invited."

"Sienna wants you to go," he added. "I'm sure Chloe does too."

"I don't have anything extravagant to wear and I don't feel like being the odd one out again."

"I'm sure you brought something," Austin headed towards the stairs, "We're leaving in ten minutes."

Ugh.

+
+
+

The woman had one-upped me big time. Genevieve, or Mama Cruise, whichever you preferred to call the lady, was wearing a floor length black gown with a diamond necklace and matching earrings. I didn't even want to know what her shoes looked like. I'm sure they costed a small fortune though.

I had to wear the only dress I brought along, which was a denim chiffon dress that I got from Macy's for sixteen bucks. I wore tan Oxford heels with it.

I followed behind the nicely dressed family as they walked into the restaurant. We had to take an elevator to get all the way up here and even that seemed way too high class for me. An elevator, who would have imagined?

Sienna was way too stoked to pay attention to her family and the fact they had stopped walking. My guess was that she was way too caught up in the fact that we were standing in the Eiffel Tower right now.

"Sienna, love," Genevieve said to grab her attention and sure enough she turned around to face her grandmother, "Come back over here."

A waiter approached use. He seemed fairly young, maybe in his early twenties? I don't know but he was definitely cute. He started speaking in French and that's when he lost me altogether.

I looked over my shoulder to see that Austin looked completely lost too.

"Oui. Merci," Genevieve spoke, clearly she knew the French language better than Austin. I knew that meant yes, thank you though.

The waiter started leading us back to a table. As soon as I saw that it wouldn't just be the five of us, I wanted to storm out.

I saw Silvia sitting at the large table with William Cruise sitting across from her. Two people who hated my guts just as much as I hated theirs. Mr. Cruise was more tolerable though.

Silvia turned to look at us, "My babies!" She screeched while holding her arms out for either Sienna or Chloe. Sienna grabbed a hold of my hand and Chloe seemed to be falling asleep in Austin's arms for the millionth time today. She really did need to get some help. "I can't believe you're already five, SiSi. Happy birthday."

Sienna didn't acknowledge Silvia as she climbed onto the chair next to her grandpa and threw her arms over his next, "I missed you. Why do you live here now? Why did you move away from California?"

"I missed you too, SiSi girl. I live all over the world, not just in one place."

I took a seat on the end just as soon as everyone else was situated. The waiter came back and started saying something else in French. I don't like foreign countries anymore.