The Millionaire's Mistress and the Socially Awkward Doctor

At least I wasn't poor this time around. Being the babysitter for the Millionaire's two daughters really did come with a nice paycheck. Why is that I'm always finding myself in this situation though? Lost and alone without anywhere to go.

I could call Reyna or Howard, but I don't think our relationship is even close to being mended. I'm a firm believer in friends that stick by your side no matter what, and they're just not those kind of friends.

I need a cleanse.

I need to find new people to surround myself with, not the rich people who judge and stab you when you're at your most vulnerable.

Man, I really need a drink.

Oh wait. Can't have one because I guess I'm pregnant. Thanks Lil Bump.

Before I even knew it, I ended up in the parking lot of the Red Dragon motel. It was cheaper than a hotel and closer to town if that made any sense, so this seemed like a good place to stay a few days...or forever.

I went in and checked into a room, it was surprisingly cheap. The man gave me the keycard and I was out again in search of my new home.

The room was only a few doors away from my parked car. I put the keycard in the slot and was about to open the door when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I screamed and flailed my arms around in the air like an insane person. It was dark out and when it was dark out the crazy people were out. Who's to say this wasn't a murderer?

"Whoa whoa whoa! Calm down!" The person yelled. It was a guy, a familiar guy. I let my guard down and turned around to face the man.

"Oh," I let out a relieved sigh, "It's just you." It was Mr. Doctor Man. What was his name again? Cole?

"Yeah. I'm sorry to scare you. It's Violet, right?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah," I paused to think of a way to keep this conversation going. I wasn't ready to be a loner quite yet. "So what are you doing here anyway? Coming to meet a lady friend?" I asked while leaning against the wall for support. My back was starting to hurt.

"No. I could ask you the same question though. Why are you here when you have a millionaire boyfriend with a mansion?"

"Things don't last forever, Mr. Doctor Man. I don't want to see him ever again."

"But you're pregnant..."

"So? Why can't I raise a baby on my own? I think I'd be better off raising it by myself than with him. He's disgusting!"

"Ok then," he seemed to feel a little awkward, "So have you made a doctor appointment for the baby yet? When I saw you last, you hadn't and those things are usually good."

"Why can't you act like a friend and not a doctor? Are you that socially awkward?" I asked. I didn't want to be bugged about real world problems right now. I'll deal with them tomorrow. "Wait, so what are you doing here? I already told you what I was doing, well sort of."

"My mom...lives here," he said as if he were embarrassed about it, "Yeah, this is actually where I grew up. I was just coming to visit her."

"Oh," I didn't have much more to say.

"Yeah," he adverted his gaze to the wall behind me, "So...I'll see ya around."

I nodded, "Bye."

"Bye."

+
+
+

The loner life is so boring.

I suppose there were things I could do to make myself forget a little bit about every burn I've ever acquired, but that just was no fun either.

I did however have an obligation to Lil Bump and I was going to carry out my word. I have to make a doctor's appointment. I grabbed my phone off the dresser and crawled onto the bed. It was ten thirty in the morning so the only thing playing on tv in the background were infomercials and that made me sad.

I found a doctors office in my yellow pages phone app and then dialed the number. "Doctor Brooks' office. This is Hannah speaking. How can I help you?"

"Hi, this is Violet Rhys. I need to make a...prenatal appointment," I definitely was not sure how to word that. Is that even what they're called?

"Ok. Is this your first appointment or are you returning."

"This is my first."

"And is any day ok...?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

"So could you come in today? Like in twenty minutes? It's our only opening for awhile."

Oh man, "Uh...yeah. I can try. I might be a little late though."

"Oh it's fine, just don't be anywhere near an hour."

"I'll try."

"Ok, we'll see you then. Bye," she hung up.

I shot off the bed and searched all around for my car keys. Where or where did my car keys go? Oh where oh where could they be?

Great, now I was gonna have that song stuck in my head all day long.

Oh, I know.

I hurried out of the motel room and walked towards my car. I peered in through the window and sure enough, there they were sitting right in between the seats.

Sorry, Lil Bump. Looks like we aren't making it today. Unless...

I ran back into the office part of the motel, "Hey, I have a question," I said frantically to the old guy behind the desk. "Is there anybody here with the last name..." Think Violet think, "Andrews."

"Why do you need to know?"

"I need the guy to drive me to an appointment. Now will you just answer the question already?!"

"A guy? There's a lady Andrews who stays here but not a guy."

"What room is she in?"

"10B."

I left the office and walked up the stairs to the B section of the motel. It was the very last room on the upper floor. Once I got there I started knocking frantically. What if he left yesterday? What would I do then? Wow, that'd be embarrassing.

The door swung open and I was immediately relived, "What's wrong with you?" Cole asked.

"Can you do me a favor? Like a really big one?"

"I don't know, what is it?"

"Can you drive me to the doctor's office?"

He looked panicked for a second, "Why? What's wrong?"

"I made a baby appointment. Ya know, the one you insisted I go to? Yeah, that one."

"Oh. Yeah, I'll drive you."

+
+
+

"You're in your second trimester," Doctor Brooks stated. He was an old man but he seemed to know what he was talking about, "And this is the first time you've even considered coming to get this baby checked out? You're a tad late, don't you think?" He asked while moving the ultrasound controller thing around my belly.

"Well it wasn't the first time I considered it. I'm just a busy person and this was the only time I could make...well time," I hadn't realized how harsh that sounded towards Lil Bump until it was too late, "I mean...I don't know what I mean."

"Well," he offered a kind old man smile, "Would you like some happy news?"

"You don't even know how much I would love that right now."

"This little baby is a boy."

++++

Shout out to Imperfect_Stars for the cool cover.

Oh and anybody have baby name ideas now that you know what Lil Bump is???