The Millionaire's Return

The constant high pitched beeping woke me up from my sound slumber. I looked out the small window and saw that it was light outside again. I feel exhausted and all I want to do is go right back to sleep. I feel myself zoning out as a door opens. I'm too tired to even question what's going on or where I am, even who's in the room with me right now.

"Vi? Are you ok?" I recognize the voice so I don't worry about the person being an ax murderer. I focus more on how I'm going to keep my eyes open.

The second brief glimpse I'm able to get of the room reveals my grandma, aunt Shelby and two cousins. That certainly was a crowd. Someone else even walked into the room. I think it was a nurse though.

"And how are you feeling right now, Miss Violet?" The nurse asked as I pulled myself into a sitting position.

"Weak, but otherwise fine." I remembered passing out on the side of the road. I have no idea why though. "Is there anything...wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No. All of the tests came back negative for anything. I'm thinking you could have passed out from a lack of sleep. Have you been resting well lately?"

I thought about it for a moment, and shook my head, "No. I've probably only had ten hours of sleep altogether in the past week."

My grandma shook her head disappointedly, "Violet, that's not good for your health."

No kidding.

"Whoa, mommy look!" Harriet pointed up at the small tv mounted on the wall. Shelby picked up the remote and turned the volume up. Even while in the hospital, I had the tv turned to the celebrity gossip channel.

"Austin Cruise dresses down to visit an old friend," the hostess said as a picture of Austin came onto the screen. He was wearing a pair of jeans, and a plaid shirt with sunglasses and messy hair. Super sexy and so unlike him.

But still...

I hated him right now. Forever and always.

The nurse in the room gave me an excited look while pointing over to the bedside table. There was a card tucked into a blue envelope with my name on it in fancy cursive letters. I recognized that writing immediately.

"Aren't you going to open it?" grandma asked anxiously.

"When can I go home?" I asked the nurse, trying to avoid the inevitable as long as possible.

"That's actually why I came in here. You are free to go home whenever you feel up to it."

I sat on the couch as always. My grandma, aunt and cousins were all gone grocery shopping.

I had the envelope in my hand, seriously battling it out with my inner self as to whether or not I should open it. I lost against myself and ended up prying the card open in a haste only to be let down shortly after.

It was just a small card that said 'get well'. There was nothing else of importance in it. I was expecting a 'call me' or 'I'm sorry'. Clearly that was too much to wish for.

I threw the card to the ground and grabbed my phone from the coffee table. A drunken night out with some friends is in order right now. I texted Reyna and told her to come pick me up, I also told Howard to call a babysitter and get ready to go out.

They were both in.

"Another margarita?" Howard asked as Reyna and I sipped on our third drink now. He was going to be a downer tonight hence the reason why the only thing he's ordered from the bar so far was a Pepsi.

"I need to forget things," I said while rubbing my temples. The music was way loud and so were the people dancing around to the beat of Skrillex.

"Then I recommend ordering something stronger," he cracked a smile before walking onto the dance floor. Howard's dancing always made me laugh and he knew it, that's probably why he decided to do it now.

Reyna slid off the barstool, grabbed my hand and dragged me out onto the floor with Howard. We all looked funny in our oversized sweatshirts and jeans compared to everyone else's fancy dress shirts or dresses. She wasted absolutely no time in finding someone to grind up against. The first guy pushed her away, but the second on gladly accepted her generous handout.

I was about to head back over to my drink before someone pushed their self against my back. I knew it was a guy, I just didn't want to turn around to see the extent of the damage. Like most men in this club, he was probably going to be sore on the eyes so I just ran away, retreating towards my previous spot at the bar.

I didn't even want to be in here anymore. I felt a killer migraine coming on so I walked outside and across the street to the smaller bar and grill. I was hungry and some chicken strips were sounding like heaven right now.

The atmosphere was a lot more welcoming in here. The people were either passed out at the bar or playing pool table quietly in the corner. These were my type of people; hardcore alcoholics or people who have just had their hearts broken. I was a heartbroken girl who just so happened to find solace in the company of alcoholics.

I sat down at the bar next to a guy who was passed out, a hoody covering his head so I couldn't get a good glimpse at what he looked liked.

"Can I just have a ginger ale?" I asked the bartender. He nodded.

"Violet?"

I snapped my head in the direction of the guy I thought was fast asleep.

"Austin?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys! Sorry this took forever to get out and that it's so short but it just took forever to write. No good ideas were coming to mind...it was so frustrating.

But ooh! Cliffhanger...

What do you all think so far? Who's your favorite character? Leave me a comment.