Selection Day(22)

Tad Strange POV - day before both Sphinx and Churan went in to see Dipper

I walked out of the room and closed the door to find Baku waiting outside for me, "I hate this." I hissed as we walked to the stairway.

"It will be over soon, he's already given in right? It will only be a few more days because we fully rid him of Cipher and then we can stop, and he'll be all yours." Baku said trying to sooth me as we walked passed Churan who was undoubtedly heading for my room.

I shook my head, "Where are we heading?" I asked trying to get my mind off of what I know he will go through today.

"Selection day." He sighed, "and we should hurry it will start soon" he patted my shoulder and teleported us to the gatehouse ((Front entrance of a castle, where there's a lot of weapons and watch points. Basically if your not aloud in the castle and you make it into the gatehouse, you'll die of some sort of arrow of boiling water. Humanity is fun. I love google)) we walked through feeling the eyes of the hidden guards shift over us than away, they know us all to well.

"I don't feel like going, I don't want any of it. Why are we going?" I sighed as we passed the school houses and made our way through the gardens.

"Because Leviathan requested we be there." He growled, this had become a routine conversation for us. I know as a Head it was my job to go, but that doesn't mean I want to. The Farms disgusted me and the F grade demons seem barbaric to me.

Kai is different, Leviathan was able to tame her and teach some civility, but other than her I'm not a fan of F grades.

So Selection Day is not my favorite day for the cycle ((Year)). The gardens at the gate to the selection arena pulled the door back when they spotted us, letting us right through.

They bowed their heads, "Honors" they mumbled. Baku nodded his head to them, and I lifted my nose. We walked in without a word to them or other buyers. We as Heads almost never actually bought, we would occasionally if we needed more guards. But other than that we would only look over and step in if we had to.

We took our sets with Leviathan and Asura, "for obvious reasons Charun won't be joining us but Kai and Sphinx should be joining us with Ghoul shortly." Asura droned, she also wasn't a huge fan of selection day. The only time she really took part in one was when they bought Kai. She was sitting lopsided in her chair her legs folded under her and she was leaning towards Leviathan one hand on his arm.

It's a damn mystery how they aren't together yet.

"So Tad?" Asura purred perking up a little, "How's your little toy doing?"

"He's taking these adjustments like we expected, but he's showing more signs of attachment for me than I expected for this point in the experiments." I explained sitting down in the chair next to Baku, with Asura on his other side. We sit in order.

"That's good then? You could take him off of his leash. And maybe he can come play with me~" she churred clapping her hands together.

"Lay a finger on him and I will battle you." I warned. ((Battle's occur in the arena, fights and argument between the Head take place there. Also they hold tournaments for entertainment between the strongest demons other than the heads.))

"Don't be silly you know I beat you last time we battle, besides I won't keep him forever I just want to play a little. Levi doesn't play with me that often." She growled the first sentence but the second one turned back to her normal play voice. She sung Leviathan's nickname and he twitched a little when she said it. He hated being called anything other than Leviathan, but he gave in a long time ago to her calling him Levi, but that doesn't mean he likes it.

A C grade demon hopped up onto the stage and put his hand on his hips, he smiled looking over the crowd of A and B grade demons. "Are you all ready for Selection Day?" he shouted as if this was some show we had all come to see, not the selling of F grade demons.

They cheered.

It was a full day of parading and selling, by the end Asura had almost fell asleep, me and Baku ran out of things to talk about and Sphinx was keeping Kai from screaming. She hated today even more than I did. She came from here, the Farms and that stage. One cycle, we didn't have a good hold on her and she wasn't fully tamed, she ended up slaughtering the host and every demon in the crowd. Than she related the F grade demons. That group now lives apart of the D grades and works in the market. We've had to stop her from doing that many times before.

She's learned know that doing that was unacceptable but she still fights it every time she's here.

"Get me the hell out of here. I just want to see Starling" I groaned as we were finally aloud to leave.

Me and Baku had already said our goodbyes to the other Heads, they were staying to talk with the new F grade owners. But I didn't want to, I just want the hell out of there.

"Wait!" Sphinx called from over my shoulder. I groaned but turned on my heels to face her. "Me and Churan were thinking, Mason has made good progress and we believe he's ready for the separation test." She clasped her hands together in front of her, a servant's tic.

"So I'll stay with Baku, you can start tomorrow, tonight I just want to be with him, and get some sleep. I hate Selection Day. It gives me a headache." I rubbed my temple the next few days are going to be hell for him. "For now I'm going back to my room, see you both tomorrow."

I turned back to Baku and we walked away from her, I could hear her turn away as well.

"This is going to be hell for the both of us." I huffed and Baku just patted my shoulder and we walked in silence back to our floor.

He stopped with me in front of my door, "I'm staying with you for the next few night while they work with him. Is that cool?"

"Always is." he laughed a little, "Don't worry, your toy is almost completely yours."

______________________________________

Cool...

Don't really know what to say about this... other than I finished the Castle layout so in the next chapter or two the fun will start.

Also it's only a little past 8 where I am so I'm going to start the next chapter. There's a high possibility that it will be posted in the next hour or so.