Trying to Explain(28)

Bill POV

"You might want to sit down, this is going to be a long conversation," I sighed still holding on the a shred of hope.

He turned and walked towards him and my thrones. He ran his fingers over the arm of his.

I held my breath.

"Can I sit here?" he asked still touching the arm.

"Of course, it's yours." I walked up and took my seat.

"Oh..."

"Bill, can I try to get his memories? There might be an easier way to do this" Ana asked.

"What does that mean?" Pinetree asked sitting forwards.

I nodded to my sister without answering Pinetree.

"You said you would explain!" he shouted at me.

Ana put her hand on his shoulder to hold him still, "Hopefully we wouldn't have to if this works."

She put her other hand to his head, purple smoke covering his eyes. He stilled and closed his eye.

The room went silent and I can't do anything. I'm starting to understand that I hate waiting.

"Is he alright?" Wendy startled me as she somehow came into the throne room without making a sound.

"He had his memories of me erased... Ana is trying to get them back." I muttered glancing over at her, her hair was a mess and it looked like she hadn't slept in days.

She yawned and sat down at my feet leaning against the leg of my throne.

"I hope she can help..."

"Me too..."

So we waited.

Thankfully it wasn't a long wait, Ana opened her eye and looked back at the four of us, everyone leaning in to hear the good or bad news.

"I don't know," she muttered looking back down at Pinetree, "They didn't just build a wall... I don't know how to explain it but it's like they put up a wire fence, so if he tried to think about or remember you it hurts him. Tried my best... but I don't know." she explained moving her hand from his head taking away the purple smoke but still holding his shoulder steady.

He stirred, his head rolled back and he groaned. Slowly he lifted a hand to his head, "I could really uses some water right now..." he groaned again leaning more in to his hand.

With a snap of my fingers I held a glass of water out to him, "Thank you." he muttered taking the cup and drinking about all of it. "Thank you, again" he put the cup on the arm of his throne.

He dropped his head back against the chair closing his eye. "Strange is going to bet your ass when he finds out I'm gone." He muttered.

"Did- do you remember me?" I asked slowly putting my hand on the arm of his throne, just close enough to his arm but not touching him.

He peered at me out the corner of his eye. He squinted at me for what felt like forever.

"Yes and no... I know your face but... but why?" he muttered he turned his head to me, "But... I really want to know why." he whispered meeting my eye with his, "Will you show me?" his lips tugged into a small tiered smile.

"You have no idea how much I missed that smile..." I hummed taking in every little feature of his face

"Your staring..." he said. Not looking away.

"I know." I answered taking in every little line of color in his eyes.

"Why..." he asked sounding a little breathless.