The Gardens(24)

Dipper POV

They finally left... after so long I couldn't move a muscle I could barely open my eye.

I lay in my bed groaning if and when air moved in the wrong direction, or if my body twitch.

Other than that I laid completely still.

Strange hadn't come to me once they felt, I was alone. I didn't mind it... I would prefer he was here but I don't know if I could do anything, I couldn't move from the bed I couldn't even open my eyes.

As if thinking about him had called him, I heard the door open.

"Starling? Are you alright?" I heard him come closer, left the bed dip. I even hissed when my leg feel against him. "They really put you through the ringer, I apologize that was not my intention."

I couldn't move my lips, just thinking about trying hurt.

"But now... it's over now. Don't worry." He whispered, placing a hand on my leg making me his again. "Sorry." he muttered. I felt him stand from the bed, "Sleep, you need it, I'll be here I promise. When you walk I want to show you the rest of the castle, your new home."

If I could have, I would have smiled. I heard him move around the room a little before sitting on the couch.

I realized, and my brain made me sleep.

----Time Skip----

When I woke up I was in no pain, I opened my eye and turned my head towards the room. Strange was sitting on the far side of the couch bent over a journal on the arm of the couch. He was so far in his work that he hadn't noticed I had woken up.

"Strange?" I crook my throat more sore than I thought.

He's head whipped to me, than he smiled. He closed the journal, he placed it on the table and waved for me. "I can't." He was sitting on the other side of the couch, the side I can't reach with my...

I reach to my throat when I realized my collar and chain were gone.

"Come here." he whispered, waving for me again.

I carefully slung my legs off the side of the bed not knowing if they would work or not after... after the past few days, I stood slowly and walked, careful of every step, over to Strange, this was my first time on this side of the room.

I dropped onto the couch next to him, "Do you remember when I came back in? I told you something." he asked.

"You said you would take me around the castle," I muttered though I wasn't sure that was the full answer, most of before was a blur of pain.

"That's right." He smiled, "Shall we go?"

I nodded though I didn't really trust my legs but I wanted to go with him, I wanted to see something other than this room. And it seemed to make me feel even better knowing it was him.

"Do you like flowers?" he asked as he stood from the couch.

"Yes."

"We have a lovely garden planted by the B grade demons. Would you like to see it?" he asked waiting for me to stand as well.

"Yes I would love to!" I bounced up and grabbed for his hands in order to keep myself from falling on my face.

"Let's go than." he hummed letting go of one of my hands, but still holding the other. He turned for the door and lead me out into a large hallway that only had two other doors along it. One on our wall and one on the other.

"Baku and Sphinx's rooms, we share a floor with them." he explained and lightly tugged my hand in the other direction.

We turn the corner, this hall was not as long nor not as wide. At the end of the hall was a door, Strange walked up and opened the door.