Winners(49)

Dipper POV

Wendy lended on my shoulder and she looked over the edge, her eyes glued to Ana. I looked to Bill, his hands were gripping the ledge, his knuckles turned white and his eye was fixed, not to Ana, but to Sphinx.

I wrapped my arm around Wendy and grabbed on to Bill's trying to bring them as close to me as I could. Taking my focus for Ana and putting on the two of them, letting them worry about her for me so I could worry about them.

Wendy, fearful for her lover and upset because she could do anything due to her fingers and the rules.

Bill, a focused brother with confidence in his sister but understanding of her opponent, and furious that if anything happened he could not react. His eye was glued to Sphinx and I could read the threat behind it, 'hurt my sister and you will lose your head'.

I looked down to Ana, she was hard to see in all the smoke she had created, and Sphinx was even harder to see but it was ease to know where she was. Purple smoke sured right, left, up, and down around one spot and we all knew that, that's where Sphinx stood.

I looked away again head couldn't take it, because I know that once this is over. Once Ana wins or loses, it will be Bill's turn and he's going against Leviathan. The whole crowd knew it too, they cheered for Ana and Sphinx but I could hear them calling for it to end soon, jeering for Leviathan to "get in the ring" and "show him who's boss" and even "rip that trader apart".
I wanted to scream, I wanted to tell them all to shut up. I buried my head in Wendy's hair. I felt Bill grab the hand I had wrapped around his arm.

"Pinetree?" He muttered, but I just shook my head.

An hour passed and I had lifted my head from Wendy's shoulder and started watching the battle.

I wish I could say Ana was holding her own and doing well against Sphinx but I can't, the purple smoke that had once filled the arena floor only rounded Ana in defence, Sphinx was light on her feet bouncing around Ana getting every attack in that she could.

Ana soon lost, The announcer called that Sphinx had won the moment Ana's defenced failed and she collapsed off her feet. This is when I let go of Wendy and Bill.

Bill was out of the balcony the moment I moved my hand and Wendy was right behind him.

Bill lifted Ana to her feet and both helped her back into the balcony.

"Sorry guys," she muttered as they sat her down on the bed.

"Don't apologies, we're fine. Marcel, Pinetree and Kalee won their battles. I'll win mine and we will win this whole thing." Bill said and she only glared at him.

"You better." she hissed, Ana is not good at losing.

"Bill, his's waiting for you, and he's standing alone." Macel called from his set near the edge.

I grabbed on to Bill's arm as he moved for the edge of the balcony, he stood and turned to me and I know he saw the fear in my face. He took my hand from his arm and stepped closer, he kissed me holding my face, when he pulled away, he smiled.

"I got this, I'll be back before you know it and this will all be over." his quickly kissed my cheek before letting go of me and walking backwards till the back of his legs hit the ledge, once he stopped he gave me a thumbs up and fell back. I almost fell on my face running to the edge gripping it I saw Bill land 3 feet from Leviathan, the announcer called the battle and it started soon after, Bill took the first move, he flew back from Leviathan and shot fire in his face. Leviathan who lived up to his title of Seat 1 moved from the fire with ease and went after Bill moving the battle to the air. The crowd lost it, cheers and jeers filled the arena making it hard to hear anything above that, I didn't even hear Ana walk up behind me and sand next to me.