chapter one

Loud cheers erupted through the arena as Rosé finished singing her last note. She looked at the blue ocean of people in front of her, admiration and love filled in her eyes.

"Thank you guys so much! I love you all! I'll come back soon again! I promise!" She said into the microphone before disappearing from the stage.

She plopped down on the chair backstage, while the staff handed her a bottle of cold water. She gulped down the entire thing in one go. The coldness of the water soothed her throat. She has been constantly screaming on top of her lungs for almost two hours. She wasn't complaining though. In fact, she would lay her life for her fans. Straining her voice is a very small sacrifice in her opinion.

"Rosie. We'll pack up and leave within thirty minutes. Wash up and change quickly." Her manager, Soojin, informed her.

"Okay, unnie." She said, getting up and heading towards her dressing room.

She quickly stripped off her costume and slipped into the comfort of her sweatpants and hoodie. She removed her makeup and applied some moisturizer, tossing her hair into a ponytail.

While waiting for Soojin, she decided to pay a quick visit to her SNS. She always does after a show or fanmeet to see the reactions and interactions between her fans. She loved to see them smile, and knowing she was the reason behind them was everything for her.

As she was going through her Twitter, liking fan posts, Soojin came up to inform her that they were leaving now.

"Should we take you straight to your dorm?" Soojin asked.

"No. I need to stop by the agency to pick up a hard drive. It has the drafts to my new songs and I would like to keep it with me, in case I get some new ideas." Rosé said.

"Okay. We'll stop by the agency for an hour. Bang PD-nim would like to know about your show. I might as well brief him about it." Soojin said.

Rosé nodded and grabbed her purse, as they both headed down to her van, waiting for her with its door open.

Some of her fans, popularly known as Rosénators to the rest of the music industry, were standing on the other side of the barricade waiting for her to come out. Rosé noticed them, and smiled at them, waving her dainty hands before getting into the van.

"You sure love your Rosénators a lot, don't you?" Soojin asked.

"More than anything. It's because of them I'm where I am. I owe them everything." Rosé replied.

"I understand, Rosie. But be careful. Don't get too attached to them that they start to indirectly control your decisions." Soojin advised.

"Don't worry, unnie. They're the best fans. And everything is under control. I promise." She said.

The van drove them to BigHit Entertainment building, where Rosé is working as a soloist. It's been about two years since she debuted, and she has been Korea's It Girl ever since. The fact that she's the only female artist under BigHit is very attractive to people. Everyone loved her, from children to elders. It's just her charming personality that makes everyone fall in love with her instantly. Including her colleagues.

"Meet me in the van in an hour okay? Be quick. You need to rest. I'll have a quick chat with Bang PD-nim." Soojin said, as they parted in the empty hallway of the building.

Rosé made her way slowly towards her studio. It's after midnight and most of the trainees and staffs have went home. The floor was empty and her footsteps echoed in the hallway.

Rosé isn't a big fan of being left alone in a building, thanks to all the horror movie nights she spent with her friends. She quickly made her way to her studio and grabbed her hard drive, containing all the new contents for her Rosénators.

She quickly locked her studio and started to make her way towards the van, when she heard some noise from the dance studio. She stopped on her way and gulped.

This can't be happening. I'm too young to die!! She panicked internally.

I should just run for my life. She thought to herself. But for some reason, she found herself making her way towards the dance studio.

Stupid Chaeng. This is exactly how people die! She scolded herself. But for some reason, her legs weren't obeying her brain's orders.

She slowly opened the studio door and gasped loudly when she saw a man lying on the floor.