chapter five

After spending several hours in her studio working on multiple songs for her, Rosé sighed and stretched on her spinning chair.

"Finally, I'm finished with two tracks. 8 more to go!" She said, punching the air in celebration. She was positive that her rosénators were going to love her new album. They're always so supportive of her and that's why she wants to make her albums better everytime.

She grabbed her phone and checked the time.

9:00 pm

"It's actually not that late. Should I keep working on other songs?" She asked herself.

Just as she said this, a text appeared on the top of her notifications.

kookie : meet me in the café outside in 5.

Rosé arched her eyebrow at the text and chuckled to herself. This boy...

She picked up her mask and hat, and quickly put them on. She locked her studio door and made her way outside the agency. A small café was open right in front of the building and Jungkook and Rosé often met each other there. In fact, sometimes she and other members of BTS will also crash there for a quick cup of coffee before engaging in heavy training and schedule.

Rosé looked around to make sure no one was stalking them. She was informed that a lot of news outlets camp outside the agency to get the scoop on the world's biggest boyband as well as number 1 female soloist. After deciding that it was safe enough to go, she crossed the street and entered the café.

It was a decent establishment with a cosy atmosphere. The artists and staff of BigHit have familiarised themselves with the owner and staff of the café, known as Enchanté Coffee House. During trainee days, this café was a go-to for Jungkook and Rosé. After their heavy training for dancing and singing, they would come here for a small getaway to release some stress. And that's how they became close. Spending countless cups of coffee in this dainty place was everything to make them comfortable around each other.

When she entered the place, she could see Jungkook sitting on their usual spot in the corner, away from the window so that no pesky gossip reporters can spot them. She made her way towards him and she can tell that he was smiling behind his mask.

She took a seat in front of him and removed her mask. He removed his as well, and she saw his signature bunny smile.

"Why'd you call me here?" She asked.

"Because I was bored. And I wanted to drink coffee with someone." He answered.

"What about your members?" She further interrogated.

"You know, when you live with seven men for five years, you get bored seeing their faces everyday." He replied.

Rosé laughed lightly and acted shocked. "How can you say that about your hyungs?" She cried.

Jungkook didn't reply, but just giggled at her overacting. Soon enough, the waitress came to take their orders.

"Shall I get you two the usual?" She asked.

"Yes, the usual." He said, not taking his eyes off Rosé.

"Okay then. One cappuccino and one latte." She noted it down and went away.

Jungkook kept staring at Rosé, till the point she felt her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"What?" She asked, tucking her hair behind her ear, feeling self-conscious.

"Nothing. You just look beautiful." He said.

"I'm literally makeup less and in sweatpants." She replied.

"And I find you beautiful like this as well. Is that a problem?" He asked, making her speechless.

They were used to being flirty with each other. They always enjoyed it, but now it seems like they're enjoying it a little too much.

Rosé turned pink, hearing his statement. She didn't know what to say because that's the first time someone had said that to her, who is not her fan. She managed to give him a small smile, making him chuckle and lean forward on the table.

"Look at you. You're so cute." He said.

"Jungkook stop..." She said, trying to stop the train of compliments from his lips before she turns as red as a tomato.

"No and what about it? You're pretty and I will keep saying it." He stated.

"Here's your order." The waitress interrupted them, and Rosé thanked God she did because she was close to exploding.

"How was your day today?" Rosé asked him, after the waitress left.

"It was okay. Stressful though. There was some problem with the mic during the recording but it was fixed. And we spent the entire day recording our title track. Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung want it to be perfect. Everyone wants it to be perfect. Don't wanna disappoint Armys." He answered, taking a sip from his cappuccino.

Rosé nodded. "I totally understand. I also spent the entire day working on two tracks. I want my next album to be better than the last one." She said.

"What's your next album about?" He asked.

"It's about.. love." She answered, glancing at him. He met her gaze, as they locked eyes for a hot second.

Jungkook loved her eyes. They were honey-tinted brown which was the prettiest colour he had ever seen. And Rosé loved his Jungkook's deer eyes the most. If she could pick the best part about his face, it would be his eyes.

They were rudely interrupted by the entrance bell of the café, indicating entry of another customer. They broke their eye contact and awkwardly stared at their lap.

There was this tension between them for the last couple months that Rosé had a hard time ignoring. It's like everytime they were together, all she wanted was to be close to him, get lost in him. He was perfect, and she loved his presence.

"I'll be looking forward to your album then." Jungkook broke the silence, making Rosé smile so bright. She was glad that he was anticipating her new album.

They talked for long. About different things, making each other laugh, releasing stress. Whenever they were with each other, it was happy. It was calming. They did not feel stressed around each other, and they were happily being themselves. Someone who's not a public figure, someone with emotions and feelings.

"I should get back to my apartment now." She finally said, causing him to look up at her.

"Let me drop you off." He offered. She just chuckled. "I can go by myself Jungkook." She replied.

"But I insist. What kind of man I am if I don't drop off a lady at her house?" He said, dramatically putting his hand on his chest and making a sincere expression, making her laugh.

"Well okay, gentleman. Do drop me off." She agreed. "But put on your mask and cap. I don't want dispatch to start a rumour about us."