chapter eighteen

A faint sunlight was seeping through the closed curtains in the morning when Rosé fluttered her eyes open. She felt a warm presence and a pair of strong arms around her. She focussed on the figure lying next to her and couldn't help but let out a smile.

Jungkook was still fast asleep, taking even breathes. His hair was messily falling on his forehead and mouth was slightly parted. He looked like an actual baby. She admired him. He really stayed with her the whole time and it melted her heart. She slowly took his arms off her, careful not to wake him up. After freeing herself, she noticed Jungkook groan but shift his position and fall asleep again.

She got off the bed and went to the washroom to brush her teeth and freshen up. She put on a large hoodie and walked out quietly. Jungkook was still fast asleep. Rosé walked near him and covered him up properly with the blanket before heading out to the kitchen to make breakfast.

She decided to make some french toasts and pour out some juice for them both. While she was arranging the ingredients for the toast, she felt someone hug her tightly and quickly from behind.

She flinched at first, and then she felt frantic breathes on her neck.

"Oh my god. I thought something happened to you." Jungkook cried.

Rosé shook her head and turned to face Jungkook. His hands never left her waist and she saw him looking down at her with fear and worry.

She stared at him with surprise and worry as she wiped the sweat of his forehead, cupping his face gently. "Are you okay? Jungkook?" She asked, concerned herself because of his panicked state.

"Y-yeah... I'm sorry... I just.." He quickly pulled her into a tight hug. "I just panicked when I didn't find you beside me and I thought something happened." He admitted.

Rosé did not know if she should feel bad or laugh. She found it sweet and cute, of course. But she was concerned about how scared he got when she left his eyesight for a few minutes. At this point, he will just forget to take care of himself.

"Calm down honey. Just breathe okay? Nothing has happened to me. Why don't you sit down? Hm?" She said, stroking his back.

Jungkook pulled back and took a few deep breaths. He nodded and sat down on the counter, as Rosé took a seat next to him.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"Yeah.. sorry about earlier. I just panicked. I wasn't thinking right." He said in an apologetic tone.

"Aw baby don't be sorry. I'm really touched that you care about me so much." Rosé said.

"Are you? I thought I scared you." He said.

"Well i was taken by surprise but I'm glad that you care about me so much. But you really need to calm down okay? I won't be in front of your eyes all the time. You won't be able to look over me all the time. And I want you to be able to forgive yourself if you're unable to do so." Rosé explained, putting her hand over his and rubbing her thumb on it.

"But I just want to keep you safe..." He said.

Rosé got up from her seat and walked behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him. "I know. But I don't want you to blame yourself if anything did happen to me." She said.

Jungkook held her arms and took a deep breath. "Just promise me that you'll be careful. I can't live if anything happens to you." He said.

She gently kissed his cheek and whispered, "I promise. I'll be careful."

After having breakfast and getting ready, Jungkook and Rosé both arrived at the agency together. She left him to continue with her own schedule and he made his way towards their practice room. As soon as he entered, he was swarmed by his members.

"How was it??" Asked Taehyung.

"You two didn't do anything right??" Jin asked.

"Tell us freaking everything." Jimin exclaimed.

"Whoa whoa!" Jungkook held his hands in front of him, defensively. "Can you guys calm down? I went to protect her, not to make a move on her. And also, why would I even do that?" He asked.

"Um.. I don't know. Because you're in love with her?" Yoongi commented.

"What!? I'm not in love with her! That's ridiculous." Jungkook said, eyes widened with surprise.

The members just exchanged glances between each other and looked back at him.

"What? Why are you guys staring at me like that?" He asked.

"Nothing. Just forget about it okay?" Hoseok said, putting his arm around the youngest.

"Yeah, we were just pulling your leg." Namjoon said.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows suspiciously, but ultimately decided to let it go.

"Oh... The special award ceremony is coming up. Our stylists is here to decide our outfits." Namjoon informed. "She should be here any minute now."

"Here they are..." Jin said, noticing a team of people coming inside the room with a whole ton of clothes and measuring equipments.

Meanwhile, Rosé was also having her own fitting for the award ceremony.

"Unnie are you sure this looks good for the show?" Rosé asked, checking herself in the mirror.

"You look so beautiful. I'm positive you should go with it." The stylist said. Her assistants were busy admiring Rosé in the dress that she was going to wear to the ceremony.

"Okay, if you guys are sure about this then I'll go with it." Rosé said, with a bright smile.

She loved this dress. It looked so beautiful on her and she couldn't wait to wear it to the award ceremony. She wondered what people will react to see her wearing something like this.

She especially couldn't wait for the reaction of one person... Jeon Jungkook.