chapter thirty one

True to Sejin's words, Jungkook and Rosé dating news was all over the internet. Fans were going crazy about this revelation. The topic was trending number one in almost all social networking sites, and it did not look good for the couple.

While there were supportive comments, BigHit was receiving more hate emails than the supportive ones. Jungkook and Rosé sat in front of their CEO nervously as he looked at his laptop screen with the most serious expression on his face. The silence was deafening and awkward. The couple hoped that Bang PD wasn't very upset with them.

Finally, Bang PD shifted his gaze from the laptop to the couple in front of him.

"So, what are we supposed to do about this problem?" He asked.

Rosé was close to shaking. This was too overwhelming for her and her boss's intimidating gaze wasn't really comforting.

Jungkook on the other hand seemed calmer than Rosé. He kept holding her hand under the table, hoping that he can reduce some of the panic in her.

"We're very sorry, sangjangnim. We tried to be careful, but we failed." Jungkook said, his gaze fixed on his lap.

Bang PD remained silent for a few seconds and turned towards Rosé.

"Rosé, what do you have to say about it?" He asked.

Rosé was so nervous that she could cry any minute.

"W-We're very sorry." She managed to squeak out.

The couple heard the CEO sigh.

"You both know that I'm not actually mad at you right?" He asked, causing them to look up.

"You're not?" Jungkook asked.

"Why would I be mad? It was your decision to date each other. You can't stop love from happening. Yes, it is causing us some loss but it's all fixable." He said, his expression softening.

"So we're not getting fired??" Rosé blurted out and Bang PD looked at her with shock.

"Fire you? Why would I fire you for dating? Come on kids, you know we don't do that here. That's so orthodox. I thought you two knew me and this company better."

Hearing this, Rosé and Jungkook felt a thousand times more relaxed. At least their company wasn't against them or was throwing them under the bus, which happens a lot in this industry.

"So, should I release the statement of confirmation or you want me to hold it off for sometime?" Bang PD asked them.

Jungkook looked at Rosé. She met his gaze and saw his eyes shining with hope. He gripped her hand tighter and she understood what he was trying to tell her.

Taking a deep breath, she nodded and saw Jungkook smile at her. He turned back to Bang PD and said,

"We want to confirm our relationship."

Bang PD smiled a little towards them and nodded. "That's what I thought." He said. "You two may go now. I'll post the confirmation statement."

And so the word of confirmation was sent out within half an hour. Jungkook and Rosé were sitting in the dance studio alone, since the others thought that giving them space was the right decision now. They both were resting against the wall, hands clasped together, and none of them said anything.

It was hard to believe that they were public now. It's roughly been a little less than two months since they got together and their relationship has been leaked already. They weren't fired, which they both are grateful for, but they have no idea how the fans are reacting to it since they are advised not to go on social media till the issue calms down.