chapter fifteen

"You really haven't booked a hotel? Seriously?" Rosé asked.

"I'm sorry! It just slipped my mind. I was really excited to see you and I just... Forgot." Jungkook explained.

She let out a heavy sigh and rested her hands on her hips.

"It's just for tonight. I'll be leaving tomorrow anyways." He said. "Please?"

"Fine. Just stay here then." She said. Jungkook cheered silently making her chuckle. "You annoying child." She said. "I'm going to sleep. I'm very tired. Take a shower and come to bed after changing." She said, slipping into the covers and laying down.

"Yes, ma'am." He said, taking out his sweatpants from his backpack and going into the bathroom.

Rosé turned to her side and held onto the pendant that he gave her. She heard the shower turn on and him humming a soft tune while showering. She smiled to herself, feeling grateful to have someone like him in her life.

She heard the bathroom door open and shut, and a figure slipping next to her in the bed. She closed her eyes and pretended to fall asleep.

"I know you're not asleep yet." He said. Rosé suppressed a chuckle and didn't answer anything. He turned towards her and rested himself on his arm.

"Your lips are literally trying to contain the smile. Stop pretending!" He said, tickling her.

Rosé laughed and tried to stop him, holding his arms still. "Stop Jungkook please!" She said.

"Why aren't you sleeping? I thought you were tired?" He said.

She looked towards him and saw his baby face looking down at her. His wet hair was falling on his eyes, half hiding them. Her gaze flickered lower and that's when she noticed that he was not wearing a shirt. Her face started to redden and her eyes became wider.

"I-I..."

"You what?" He asked, clearly confused. "Why are you stuttering? And why are you so red?"

"I.. I'm.." She didn't know what to say. It's not like she hasn't seen him shirtless, but she has never been this close to him while he was shirtless. His body was handcrafted by God and she could feel his hard biceps from where she was holding him.

It finally clicked Jungkook as to why she was behaving so flustered. He raised his eyebrow and smirked to himself. He slowly moved his body on top of her so that he hovered over her, making her even more shy and nervous.

"Are you shy to see me like this?" He asked.

"N-no." She bravely said, which obviously did not convince Jungkook.

He leaned in closer to her and whispered near her ear. "Do I make you feel nervous?" Rosé closed her eyes as she felt his hot breath on her neck. Shivers ran down her spine as she lay completely frozen under him.

"You know... I can offer you something more for your birthday gift." He said, nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck as she sucked in air.

"J-jungkook... Please s-stop..." She said.

He didn't listen to her as he proceeded to leave a trail of kisses on her neck. With each kiss, she tried to not make any noises. She just whimpered a little when he found that one spot where she was the most sensitive.

"J-jungkook..." She squeaked.

To her disappointment, he pulled back. He licked his lips and stared at her, as if ready to devour her at command.

"W-why did you stop?" She asked.

"I thought you said to stop?" He answered, chuckling. "I guess you really liked it when I did that huh?"

He got off her and went to his side of the bed. "Sweet dreams babygirl." He said, winking and turning off the night lamp. She sat up with her jaw wide open.

"You're such a tease!!" She whined, throwing her pillow at him. "I don't like you!" She said, crossing her arms and pouting like a baby. Jungkook giggled and pulled her down, so that she lay on his arm. He pulled her closer by her waist and rested his chin on her head. As if it was a routine, she wrapped her hand around his body and nuzzled her face into his neck.

He smelled heavenly and his body was warm. She found herself finding warmth and comfort in him.

"You're tired and it's better to sleep now." He said. "Also, being friends with benefits seems very complicated." He added, earning a soft hit from her.

"Can you sing me a song?" She asked. "It'll help me fall asleep better."

"Yeah. What do you want me to sing?" He asked.

"Can you sing Perfect by Ed Sheeran?" She asked.

Jungkook smiled and started singing the lyrics to her requested song.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet 
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Rosé closed her eyes and enjoyed his honey voice serenading her to sleep. She held him tighter as she listened to his beautiful voice. Her favourite voice.

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

Jungkook sang the lyrics as he held the girl in his arms firmly, stroking her hair.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight.

He finally felt soft and even breaths on his chest. He concluded that she has finally fallen asleep. He smiled to himself as he closed his own eyes, enjoying the warmth that her body provided.

This was special. They were special. If he could name their relationship as something more that just friendship, he would do it in a heartbeat, because it definitely felt like it was something more.

He wasn't sure if she liked him. He wasn't sure if he himself was ready to dive into something like this. But a small voice in his heart said that it's definitely something more. But what they shared right now was enough for him to get a peaceful sleep at night.

Jungkook left for the airport the morning after. Rosé couldn't go to drop him off because she had schedule that day and they did not want to be spotted together which may spark up dating rumours. That's literally the last thing they want right now.

Rosé had a couple meetings and a small photoshoot that day. After finishing that, she went to her room to start packing to go back to Korea. While packing, she constantly kept admiring the pendant Jungkook gifted her. He knew how much that charm meant to her. It wasn't the same charm, but the fact that he remembered something like that concerning her was very touching. She couldn't wait to go back to Korea and meet him again. She missed him already.

After she had finished packing, Soojin came into her room. "Are you done Rosie? Shall we leave? Flight is in two hours." She said.

"Okay unnie." She said.

They reached Korea peacefully. Rosé was feeling tired after her schedule in Japan but she was also feeling a little giddy. She was going to meet Jungkook again, even though she just met him a day before. But, in her defence, they didn't get to spend much time together. It was just one night and she wasn't satisfied.

The flight landed and they got off it. They made their way through customs and security. She took a peek outside the gate and was a little surprised by the amount of fans waiting there.

She doesn't know why such a large crowd was accumulated there, but she was overwhelmed. It happens rarely that fans make a large crowd for her at airports.

She finally walked out of the gate and fans cheered for her.

But then she noticed him, and her face went pale. How did she recognise him?

He was holding a white rose with red decorations in his hand.