chapter seventeen

Jungkook and Rosé pulled up in front of her apartment. She made sure their faces were fully covered with mask and hat. She heard reporters were swarming around her home lately and the last thing she wants right now is a dispatch headline about her dating Jungkook.

They quickly and swiftly make their way inside the building and into the elevator to go to Rosé's floor. She lived in the tenth floor of the apartment complex so he was kind of relieved that no one will take unwanted pictures from outside.

They reach the floor and make their way to her suite. She unlocks the door and they both get in. After getting in, they take off their mask and hat, letting out heavy breaths. They both were on the edge the entire time. Sneaking around isn't always as easy and the fact that this wasn't even discussed with his manager and Bang PD made both of them nervous.

"So I guess we're safe." He said.

"Yeah until that sasaeng shows up in front of my house with a kitchen knife." She said.

"Hey... Don't say stuff like that. Go and take a shower okay?  I'll make some food. I know you haven't eaten at all today." He said.

"Don't you wanna freshen up first?" She asked.

"No I'll do that before going to sleep. You know it helps me fall asleep better. Now go. I'll try to make something." He said.

"Okay.. I'm going." She said and started walking slowly towards her room. She closed the door and rested against it.

It sure was a relief that Jungkook was with her. She feels safe around him and if she had to stay with anyone during this time, it would be him.

But she was scared that she was dragging him into something that will harm him. She knows that he made this decision himself, but the worry doesn't go away. She cares about him, and she doesn't want him to be trapped in something he has nothing to do with.

She made her way to the bathroom and stripped off her clothes. She turned on the shower. The warm water washed her body and made her feel relaxed. After a few minutes, she came out and dried herself, putting on a pair of black shorts and a grey long sleeved t-shirt. She left her hair open and messy, because it was still wet and she was feeling too lazy to blowdry it.

After that, she made her way out to the living area where Jungkook was already cooking something. She took a seat in front of him and rested her chin on her knuckles.

"What are you making?" She asked, examining him.

Jungkook turned around and smiled at her. "Jin hyung taught me how to make his special noodle dish. I thought of giving it a try." He said.

"Ah is it Jin oppa's recipe? Then I'm for sure going to like it." She said.

"Hey! I'm making it okay? Give me some credits." Jungkook whined.

Rosé chuckled and watched him affectionately as he assembled the ingredients and cooked them dinner. He cracked random jokes that he also learnt from Jin while cooking, which made her laugh out loud. Having him was not only safe and secure, but also fun and less lonely.

Finally, the dish was done and he served it on two plates and presented it to her. "Dinner is served my lady." He said, dramatically, making her laugh.

"Well thank you sir." She answered back.

They ate their dinner peacefully. Rosé kept complimenting how good this dish is and how she's going to steal the recipe from Jin. Jungkook was glad that he was succeeding in keeping her distracted from the chaos. He's ready to do anything to see that precious smile on her face.

"Ah this was so good. I'm going to steal the recipe soon. I swear." She said.

"Well I'm glad you liked it." Jungkook said, collecting both of their plates and putting it in the dishwasher.

"Now go and freshen up now." Rosé said.

"I don't have any clothes now." Jungkook said. "I think they forgot to send me. Let me text them."

Soon enough after he reminded his members to send him his clothes, their driver came and dropped off a large bag filled with his necessities. Rosé took the bag from the man, politely bowing to show her gratitude which was much appreciated by the elder man, and gave it to Jungkook.

"Here, your luggage came. Go freshen up now. You must be tired." She said.

"You must be too. Go and sleep." He said.

"It's only 11 pm though..." She said.

"And you're tired. You came from Japan and haven't taken a rest since. And after all this shit show, I think it's better to call it a day." Jungkook said.

"Oh Jungkook please? I really want to watch a movie. It will keep me distracted and I'll fall asleep better." She said. "Please?" She pouted like a baby, and she knew she hit his weak point when he stared at her speechlessly for a minute.

Jungkook sighed heavily. "You know how to get your way." He said, shaking his head. "Fine. But we're staying up for one movie. I don't want you to be tired."

"Yes! Thanks!" She squealed and hugged him. "I'll have a movie picked out by the time you come." She said.

Jungkook silently laughed as Rosé jumped towards the couch like a little girl. He shook his head and went to the restroom.

He took a shower and put on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. After that, he came out and found Rosé curled up in a blanket, waiting for him to join.

She finally noticed him. "You take such a long time! Come on now! I've been waiting for almost 20 minutes." She said.

"You're saying as if you don't take a longer time than me." He said as he took a seat next to her.

"Whatever. That's irrelevant." She said, giving him half of the blanket.

Jungkook takes the blanket and wraps his lower body with it. Rosé turns on the movie and soon enough both of them were indulged in it.

It was a love story, since they both liked watching romantic movies together. Unknowingly, Rosé cuddled up to Jungkook while an emotional scene came up. She was trying hard not to cry, but was failing miserably as her tears disobeyed her orders.

"Jungkook are you crying?" She asked, in hopes to make herself feel better if he was also crying.

"N-no. Why would I c-cry?" He said, and she knew he was lying.

"Liar."

"Look who's talking." He replied. He wrapped his arm around her tiny figure as she gripped his shirt. His gentle embrace made her calm down a bit.

Rosé had her head resting on his chest and the more they came nearer to the ending, the more sleepy she got. Soon enough, her eyes gave up and she was fast asleep, holding onto Jungkook as he watched her sleep affectionately. He pulled her closer to him so that she can be warmer.

He felt her even breaths and decided to call it a night. He watched the movie for a little longer until he felt tired himself. He switched off the TV and carefully lifted Rosé up to take her to her room. She held onto him like a tiny baby as he carried her to the bedroom, slowly putting her down on the bed.

He was just going to leave when he heard soft whimpers coming from her. He turned his head and found her looking troubled. Her whimpers suggested that she was probably having a nightmare.

"P-please... Don't hurt me..." She mumbled.

Jungkook sat down beside her and stroked her head, holding her hand tightly.

"I'm here baby. No one is going to hurt you." He said. She turned her body and hugged his waist.

"He's going to hurt me... He'll hurt me..." She kept saying.

Jungkook's heart was shattering to see her so scared. He laid down besides her and pulled her into his arms. That seemed to calm her down a bit since she didn't whimper anymore. He kept stroking her hair and rubbing her arm up and down. She nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck, and he finally felt her even breaths again.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." He whispered, before falling asleep himself.