chapter twenty four

Jungkook and Rosé told the rest of BTS the very next day, and of course the older men were on cloud nine after getting the news. They hugged both of them, congratulating on finally realising what they should've realised years ago.

They were happy to get such strong support and love from them, because God knows they need all the encouragement they can get. It was thrilling to finally have a significant other, but the burden of hiding it from the fans was making them anxious.

Rosé loved her fans more than she loved herself, and so did Jungkook. They've always felt comfortable to share their thoughts and emotions with them, and be vulnerable in front of them, despite people calling it "emotional manipulation". They knew that their fans had their backs, and it was enough for them.

But this situation is very different. Jungkook is aware that a very good amount of his "fans" are not fond of Rosé. Those people aren't even quiet about their dislike towards her, because they always take the chance to say something mean about her whenever a new interaction goes viral. The amount is negligible compared to the number of real fans, but they are still dangerous and cruel.

Rosé has not seen anything mean about Jungkook from her fanbase. There might be some, but they haven't got much attention to appear in her feeds. Her fans mostly love Jungkook and her friendship. But, She doesn't know how they'll react if they find out that she's dating him. They're very protective of her.

But, this did not stop Rosé and Jungkook from dating. They were worried, of course, but it was high time that they label themselves something other than just friends.

"Wanna go out tonight?" He asked, after escaping from a long teasing session from his bandmates.

"What time?" She asked.

"Around, seven?"

"I'm meeting one of my friends at six. I might return to the apartment around eight something. Is it okay to go after that?" She said, caressing his hands.

Jungkook tilted his head at the mention of her friend.

"A friend? I didn't know you had other people. Who is it?" He asked.

Rosé gawked at him. "I can't have other friends?" She asked.

"That's not what I meant. You know that. Who is it? Tell me!"

"It's Jisoo unnie Kookie. Kim Jisoo? One of my oldest friends? Who's black bean noodle you love so much?" She affirmed. Jungkook nodded when he remembered the familiar face. It's been a while since he had talked with his Jisoo noona.

"Give my greetings to her then." He said, quickly flashing his smile.

"What will I do with you Jeon Jungkook?" She muttered, shaking her head.

He chuckled and pulled her closer, kissing her forehead. "See you soon babe."

Rosé giggled and pulled back. "See you later." She said, before turning around and walking towards her studio.

"Cute." He muttered with a smile, as he watched her walk away.

He walked back into the practice room and noticed his members looking suggestively at him.

"So... You finally confessed huh?" Jimin asked, dancing his eyebrows.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, with a silly smile on his face.

"Look at you, all embarassed and flustered. How cute." Hoseok said.

"I can't believe he's already dating. They both are like my little siblings." Jin mentioned.