epilogue

Turquoise sky, clear waters. And the laugh of an adorable woman echoing in the atmosphere.

"You can't catch me!" She said as she ran along the sea shore– her lover just behind her.

"Slow down Chae!" He called, panting as he tried to catch up to her. Actually, he can easily catch her, but he's letting her know how it feels to win against Jeon Jungkook.

"You're so slow!!" She called out again, running backwards as she watched Jungkook "struggle" to get to her. "Is your age finally affecting your abilities?"

Jungkook paused and stared at her with wide eyes. She did not just say that.

"You know what? I'm going to be merciless now." He shouted, and ran at full speed towards her. Rosé squealed and started running faster, but he was close now. So close.

"Got you!" He shouted as he trapped her between his arms from behind, making both of them lose balance and fall onto the warm sand. They both laughed out loud as he started to tickle her.

"Ah! Stop! You always tickle me!!" She yelled.

"It's only because you tease me like this!" He said.

"Okay! I'm sorry, stop tickling me!!" She begged and he stopped. He was hovering over her with a silly smile on his face. Rosé smiled back and cupped his face, pushing him on the ground and sitting on top of him, taking him by surprise.

"Whoa! What are you doing Chae?" He asked, surprised by the sudden change of positions.

"Nothing." She said with a smile, playfully leaning closer to his face.

She was so close to his face, he even closed his eyes to welcome the warm feeling of her lips on his own. But nothing happened. He opened his eyes to see her grinning annoyingly at him.

"So thirsty for me." She teased, got up and ran back towards their cottage.

Jungkook sat up with wide eyes and open jaws.

"Hey– you brat! Wait till I get my hands on you!" He started running behind her again shouting that.

It's been five years since they've been together. And for their fifth anniversary, Jungkook surprised Rosé with a trip to a private island in The Bahamas, where they'll enjoy a week together with no tension and worries about work. Since they both are idols, it had been hard to spend time together. Their careers are as great as ever, and they've been so much busier. But every year, they go on small getaways like this to spend quality time with each other and reconnect. And this time, Jungkook decided to bring her there.

Jungkook entered their private cottage from the back door that connects with the private beach and saw Rosé sitting on the bed, still grinning. He smirked at her.

"Look who's thirsty now." He said, entering the room and approaching her. He scooped her in his arms, causing her to yelp in surprise.

"I think it's bath time now, baby." He said, going to the bathroom with her in his arms.

>

"Jungkook stop..." She whispered to the boy who was keen to mark every inch of her neck.

"No." He said, briefly pulling back to show her his annoying grin and then continuing to suck on her neck.

"The cook must be coming with our dinner anytime. He'll see us." She reminded him, but closed her eyes while allowing him more space to kiss and nibble on. She heard him chuckle.

"Let him." He breathed against her skin. He had her pinned down on the bed, hands intertwined with each other. He had restricted all of her movements.