chapter three

"Where were you young man?" Asked Jin, when Jungkook finally reached their dorm.

"I was practicing of course." He replied.

"Have you seen the time? Even Yoongi and Namjoon came home early today. We were worried." Jin said.

"Sorry, hyung. But I needed to work on the choreography more. I don't want Hoseok hyung to yell at me if I make a mistake." Jungkook stated.

"It's okay. I understand. But go straight to bed now. It's really late. We have a packed schedule tomorrow. It's better if you get as much sleep as you can now." Jin advised, picking up a bottle of water from the fridge and going back to his room.

Jungkook waddled into his own bedroom and put away his backpack and coat. He decided to take a nice hot shower before going to sleep. Taking a shower always helps him sleep well and release stress.

He got into the shower and turned it on. He let the warm water wash away the dirt and sweat, along with all the tension and stress from his body. After approximately ten minutes of showering, he put on his sweatpants and headed to bed.

But he couldn't instantly fall asleep. His mind wandered off to someone he doesn't want to think about, but he can't help it, because thinking about her makes him happy.

Rosé.

It is fascinating how affected he gets when it comes to her. She's that one person, who he wants to protect till his last breath. She's so caring, and loving, and kind, and attractive, and sexy...

She's everything a man looks for in a significant other.

He was glad to know her, more than just an idol. Her smile lights up his day. Her laugh is the cutest thing he ever witnessed. Everytime they talk, it's like they're the only two people in the world.

It's really something magical.

Jungkook thinks it's because they're very close friends. He doesn't have many female friends in his life, him being the most famous idol in the world. He desperately wants to avoid rumours that might cause the downfall of BTS. It's the last thing he wants.

Rosé is one of the few idols who he is close with. They've trained together, went to award shows together, spent countless hours with each other. They consider themselves each other's best friends, or more accurately, soulmates.

After all, soulmates aren't always supposed to be your significant other.

He's certain that the feeling is mutual, but there's still something missing. A void that he doesn't exactly know how to fill. He rolls over to his side to grab his phone from the nightstand.

1:37 am.

She probably must be asleep now. He thought to himself.

And she should be asleep too. She's one hard working woman. After everything she went through in this industry, she still maintains herself to be the kind and caring person she is. She deserves at least a good night's sleep.

Jungkook sighs as he tosses his phone back to where it was. He presses his eyes shut, praying that slumber soon consumes his body. The more he stays awake, the more he thinks about her. And that will make him want to communicate with her. He doesn't want to disturb whatever time she's getting to rest.

As he was trying to get himself some sleep, his phone buzzed.

He jerked up immediately and grabbed his phone, opening up his notifications.

Chaeng : make sure to drink some water before going to bed. Take care and sweet dreams Jungkook-ah!

Jungkook smiled to himself. Did she get an intuition that he was thinking about her? When he realised a more important topic.

Jungkook : go to sleep! It's past 1:30 am!

He pressed "send" and eagerly waited for her comeback which he knows she will reply.

Chaeng : so why aren't you asleep huh? Go to bed. right. now.

Jungkook chuckled and replied to her :

Good night then. mom XD

Chaeng : Shut up! You're such an annoying child! And I'm not your mom!

Jungkook : okay then good night baby ;)

Jungkook tried to suppress his laugh after hitting send. It wasn't a new thing. They tend to get flirtatious towards each other sometimes. And it was real fun for both of them.

Chaeng : good night honey ;*

He shook his head after locking his phone. A satisfying grin formed on his face as he cuddled with his extra pillow, slowly drifting into a deep sleep.