chapter twenty

"Jungkook open up."

Jungkook was in his studio working on a few stuff when he heard Jin's voice from outside. He opened his door and saw him, looking at him funnily.

"Is everything okay hyung?" He asked.

"I just need to talk to you about something." Jin said, coming into the studio and making himself comfortable on Jungkook's couch. He motioned Jungkook to sit beside him, which he did. He was kind of confused why his older brother suddenly came to have a conversation with him. It didn't seem like it was going to be a casual talk, considering Jin's weird behaviour.

"What is it hyung? Is something wrong?" He asked, worried.

"When are you coming back to the dorm?" Jin asked.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows. "Why all of a sudden?"

"Jungkook, you are supposed to stay with us. Not with her. I'm not saying that it's bad, but we need to know when you're planning to come back. It's already been a month." Jin said. "That's if you even want to come back now."

"What? Of course I'll come back!" Jungkook said, but deep down he really did not want to.

Don't get him wrong, he loves staying with his members. He's not the kind of guy to forget about his brothers- who technically raised him- easily. But, staying with Rosé was something else. He felt different and happy about himself.

"Jungkook, who are you fooling here?" Jin asked, arching his eyebrow. Jungkook bit his lip and stayed quiet. "From the day you've stayed with her, you've been so different. You're more happy, more glowy. Are you sure you both are just friends?" Jin asked carefully.

"Hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed. "Of course we are just friends!"

"Don't get me wrong Jungkook. But the fact that you don't want to come back says a lot. Even she said you can come back to us, but you refused?"

"Hey! I do want to come back. I'm just staying till her sasaeng is caught and put behind bars." Jungkook explained. "Also, you talked with her already?"

"Yes, of course I talked with her, what do you think?" Jin said. "She's a grown lady and you know security is always swarming around her and her apartment. But you still choose to stay with her. Why is that?"

"I'm just worried about her. Nothing else." He nonchalantly said.

"And why are you so worried? We all are too. But we're not watching over her like a hawk. She would also like some personal space you know?" Jin asked. "The members think there's something between you two. I didn't use to believe it, but after seeing your behaviour these past couple weeks, I'm starting to think otherwise."

"Oh my god! It's nothing like what you guys are thinking. I'm really just trying to protect her. There's nothing going on!" He said, getting a tad bit irritated now.

Jin sighed and got up to leave. But before leaving he turned around and said, "Jungkook, I don't know if you genuinely don't realise it or you're just ignoring it. But I suggest you think about your feelings and sort them out soon. Because we all are seeing what you're denying. We don't want you to get hurt in the end." He left, leaving Jungkook feeling some type of way.

That night, Jungkook decided to sleep in the guest bedroom so that Rosé could have some space to herself, as Jin suggested. Although she said she had no problem in sharing the bed, he really thought it was better to give her some personal space. After all, they're not a couple. He really has no right to claim a spot next to her in her bed.

Jin's words were bothering him the entire time. What was it that they see but he doesn't?

Then suddenly, Yoongi's words echoed in his head.