chapter twenty nine

Jungkook sighed as he stared into his laptop screen, sitting emotionlessly. It's been four week since he has talked with Rosé. He's been in the States for promotions and finding time to communicate has been one hell of a task for him. Whenever he was free, it's either too late for her or she's busy. He was worried how she was holding up without him. And honestly, he wasn't doing well either.

It would've been easier to focus and stay away if he hadn't gotten the threat from her sasaeng. Now, all he could think about is her safety. What if he makes a move while he's not there to protect her? This fear had been eating him alive. He couldn't focus on interviews and performances, taking a toll on his health as well.

"Jungkookie, you need to relax. Nothing is going to happen to Rosie." His hyungs told him. But where's the guarantee? He might be getting overly obsessive but with all good reasons and intentions.

He could only find peace once the sasaeng in behind bars.

He mindlessly scrolled through the haphazardly written lyrics on his laptop screen. He was in no mood to work. His mind was blank and he had this unknown fear in his heart. He just wanted the promotions in the States to end as soon as possible so that he can go back home. His home.

Just when he was zoned out thinking about all the things he would be doing with his girlfriend right now, his hotel room door opened with a bang. He jerked his head towards the door and saw his members frantically entering the room, looking panicked.

"Whoa what happened??" Jungkook asked, getting up from his seat in a worry.

"We think you should see this news." Namjoon said, handing Jungkook a phone with a news article opened already.

Jungkook took the phone from his hand with a confused frown and looked at the article, and his eyes widened after reading the headline.

"BigHit Entertainment soloist Park Rosé reportedly followed and attacked by sasaeng fan."

Jungkook froze on his spot as he turned pale with fear. He looked back up at his members who were looking as worried.

Looking back at the phone, he further read the article.

"On Saturday, Park Rosé, globally well-know idol under BigHit Entertainment was reportedly witnessed to be harassed by her infamous sasaeng. Not much information has been given out from the agency, but many witnesses say that the sasaeng caught her alone at the aquarium in Seoul and tried to take her forcefully. Thankfully, Rosé was there with two of her friends who are still nameless, who rescued her and called the security.

The sasaeng was detained by a few visitors but managed to break free, making a run before the security arrived.

BigHit Entertainment has confirmed that Rosé is safe and sound, and for security measures she'll have extra bodyguards around her for sometime. No further statements have been released yet from the agency."

"No..." was all that came out of his mouth after reading the dreaded article.

"This can't be happening." He muttered as his eyes filled up with tears.

"I'll tell Sejin hyung to call up the agency and ask more about this issue." Jimin said, as he quickly left the room to look for their manager.

"Jungkookie, don't worry. We're trying to get as much information as we can but the time difference is being a pain right now. I'm sure she's alright." Hoseok said, putting his arm on Jungkook's shoulder, lightly rubbing it.

"I have to go back. She needs me right now. I need to go back to her!" Jungkook said, getting more freaked out than before.

"Jungkook, we'll have to talk to our manager about that you know? We just can't leave like this." Namjoon solemnly said. He also wants Jungkook and all of them to go back, because Rosé is like a sister to the rest of them. But he is not in the position to take a decision like this.

Jungkook looked up at Namjoon with desperate eyes and two streaks of tears flowing down his cheek. He gets up and takes hold of his hands.

"Hyung... Please. Do something. I need to go back. I can tell she needs me. I can't stay here." He cried, trying to convince Namjoon to do something so they can go back.

"If nothing, just send me back. Please...." He pleaded. "She needs me hyung..."

Namjoon sighs, drifting his eyes down from his helpless maknae.

"I'll do everything I can Jungkookie. Calm down okay?"

Jungkook nods after a pause, still crying because he can't help it. He had this weird feeling since morning. He knew something bad was about to happen.

He just hoped he was wrong. He wished he was wrong.

"I talked with Sejin hyung." Jimin said, entering the room. "He said that she's in her apartment right now. They have appointed security in front of her building. The police are searching for the sasaeng but they need her statement. She's refusing to talk to anyone right now."

"I'm sorry Jungkook." He finished, patting his back lightly.

Jungkook could feel how scared Rosé must be feeling even if he's hundreds of miles away from her. Her helplessness was calling out to him. His heart was racing at an unimaginable speed. He just wanted to know if she's okay.

"Call her Jungkook." Taehyung suggested, and that's when his brain started working again a little bit. He grabbed his phone and called her up. He patiently waited through the rhythmic ringing.

But she wouldn't pick up.

That's when he started being frantic.

"She won't pick up!" He cried, after calling her for the tenth time.

His brothers looked at him with sad eyes. There's nothing they could do to help the situation. They did everything they could and if she's not picking up Jungkook's call, it's impossible that she'll pick up theirs.

"I'll go and see how soon we can go back to Seoul. I don't feel like promoting anymore either." Namjoon said, getting up and going out of the room.

The rest of BTS looked at Jungkook who was frantically trying to get in touch with Rosé. He won't find peace unless he hears her voice himself.

What if she hurt herself? What if something else hurt her? He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to her and he wasn't there to protect her.

Defeated, he sank back on his seat pulling his hair in worry and frustration.

"We'll give you space. Keep calling her, and maybe she'll pick up." Yoongi said.

"And if you need anyone, we're in the next room." Jin said as they go out of the room, leaving Jungkook alone.

Face all puffy and eyes swollen, he picked up his phone to try to call her one more time, hoping she would pick up this time.

Dialling her number with least hopes in his heart, he put the phone near his ear, closing his eyes and hoping to hear that familiar voice.

"Hello?" said the voice from the other side of the connection.

Jungkook snapped his eyes open and gripped the phone tighter.

"Chae...." He called, and heard soft sobs from the other end of the receiver.

"Jungkook..." He heard her call his name in the softest way possible in between her sobs, making tears spill from his eyes.