chapter twelve

After the discussion, Jungkook and Rosé immediately went to the agency and talked about Bang PD about Rosé's sasaeng. He was, of course, really mad at first that she didn't report this to him earlier. But knowing how hard it must be for a solo female idol to go through this, he let her off easy with a warning that next time anything like this happens, she comes straight to him. He also assured her that the issue will be taken care of without any publicity.

Rosé was thankful. The agency had its ups and downs but she was glad to have a considerate CEO, who was a father-like figure not only to her but to all the artists under BigHit.

Jungkook took her out after the meeting with their CEO. The day was rough and he wanted to cheer her up. He took her to the Han River, where they used to go always when they were trainees. They used to rent bicycles and ride alongside the banks. Due to their recent packed schedules, it's been a long time since they last visited such a precious spot.

"Jungkook..." Rosé called him, as they were walking side by side along the riverside.

"Hm?"

"Thank you..." She said.

"For what?" He asked, glancing down at her.

"Literally everything..." She answered.

Jungkook chuckled. "Don't thank me. I did what every best friend would do." He said.

"Yeah... Best friend..." She mumbled, under her breath.

"Did you say something?" He asked.

"N-no. I didn't." She replied.

"Do you want to ride bikes?" He asked.

Rosé's eyes lit up at his question. "Can we??" She asked, excitedly.

Jungkook giggled at her cuteness. "Of course we can bub. Come on!" He said.

He rented two bicycles for them and they had a blast riding them throughout the area, racing each other and showing the tricks that they knew. It was a sight to see. They seemed like 13 year olds, playing around, having no care in the world. They laughed, and smiled and cracked joke's like they used to do. It was nostalgic but fun.

After riding bikes for approximately an hour, they had a very important photoshoot. Jungkook took numerous pictures of her doing different poses with the bicycle, and surprise no surprise, this was one of his favourite things to do. Taking her pictures, capturing her beauty.

"It's your turn come on! I'll take some pictures of you." She said.

"But I'm not really ready for a photoshoot!" He said.

"Nonsense! You always look like a model ready to walk on a runway. Now, pose." She commanded.

Jungkook sighed and laughed. There's no way he's winning against her. He obliged to her order and did several poses, which she captured. Everytime she took a picture, she showered him with compliments, which made him shy but he felt good at the same time.

"Oh Jungkook! Can we please get ice cream? I want ice cream!" She pleaded, like a literal child.

"Okay okay! Let's get ice creams." He said, and she squealed with excitement and clunged onto his arm.

"Stay here. I'll get them." He said and walked towards the nearest ice cream vendor.

"Two chocolate ice creams please." He asked the vendor, who was a very old man.

"Ah. Ice cream for the couple?" He asked, glancing at Rosé standing patiently at a little distance.

"O-oh. No we're not together. We're just friends." He explained.

"Huh. Don't seem like friends though." He said with a wink and handed his two ice creams.

"I.. uh.. thanks?" He said, confused how to answer. The old man just laughed. "Don't bother paying. You two remind me of my children who are studying abroad. They also used to come to the river and ride the bikes while I sold ice cream. Take this as a gift from me to my children." He said, with a genuine smile.

Jungkook almost melted at the man's story and bowed. "Thank you so much. We both will enjoy it." He said, and walked back towards Rosé. She jumped a little when she saw him approaching her with two chocolate ice creams in his hands. He handed her one of the cones.

"What were you two talking about?" She asked, licking her ice cream.

"He was talking about how we remind him of his children abroad. He gave us these ice creams free, as a gift." He explained, briefly.

Rosé stared at him with awe. "Did he really? Oh my gosh, this is so sweet!" She said.

"Yeah it is- wait are you going to cry?" He asked.

"N-no! I'm not!" She said, wiping the corner of her eyes.

"Oh my Chaeng. You're too precious." He said.

"Shut up! I feel bad because I'm also away from my parents. And seeing him see a child in me is a big deal okay?" She said.

Jungkook looked at her with a soft expression before putting his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer. "Cheer up buttercup. I understand okay? And I'm here to comfort you." He said. "What say? Shall we come back tomorrow with a gift so that we can give it to our hypothetical dad and treat him for his kind gesture?"

She gasped at his words. "Can we??" She asked, surprised.

"Of course we can bub." He said, booping her nose. "Now let's go back before Soojin thinks I kidnapped you or something." He said, walking forwards.

"You're really something Jeon Jungkook." She said, linking her arms around his and walking back towards the agency.

•••

A/N : so i decided to come by and post a chapter once a week or something like that because constantly studying is making my brain hurt and I need something to calm me down. So.. I'm on a "semi hiatus".

I'll only be posting for this book because I haven't written any chapters for my other books. If you're reading the others then you'll have to wait till my exams are over hehe. Thanks for supporting again 💜