chapter thirty

Jungkook knocked on the wooden door in front of him, waiting for it to fly open so he can wrap the person behind it in his arms.

After a few faint footsteps, the only barrier separating the two longing bodies opened. Jungkook swore he saw her depressed face light up with what he could only describe as pure happiness and relief.

"Baby..." He spoke softly, engulfing her in the tightest hug ever.

Rosé slid her hands around his back and buried her face in his chest, sobbing softly taking in as much of his scent as she can.

She missed it.

She missed him.

"I missed you.." is exactly what she said, voice muffled against his chest after she calmed down a bit.

"I know.. I know. I missed you too." He said, stroking the back of her head and planting a long kiss on her forehead.

"I was so worried..." He said, voice cracking a little bit.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, and he could only shake his head in response.

After hugging for a few moments, they came inside and settled on the couch. She had her head rested against his chest as he had his arm around her, both of their hands intertwined with each other.

Both of them spoke nothing, just basking in comfortable silence until she broke it.

"I'm sorry for worrying you so much." She said.

"You didn't." He answered.

"You didn't have to come back so soon."

"But I needed to. I couldn't stay there after knowing what happened."

"But your promotions..."

"My members are taking care of it you know. I came back with the excuse of health issues. Besides, I barely speak in the interviews. They'll do just fine." He said, placing another kiss on her forehead.

"You didn't have to do all this for me."

"Honey, I'll turn the world upside down for you and even you can't stop me from doing that."

Rosé lifted her head to look at him. He was looking at her fondly and affectionately but his eyes held questions.

"I didn't know he would be there that day." She said, as her eyes filled up with tears.

His eyes softened as he pulled her into his arms. "Hey... It's okay. You don't have to explain anything to me."

"I just want to feel safe again." She sobbed in his arms.

"I know. I'm here to make you feel safe. You don't have to worry about anything as long as I'm with you." He replied.

"He could hurt you. You shouldn't have come to me." She admitted.

"I'll die for you and you know it Chae. How can you expect me to stay hundreds of miles away from you when I know you're in danger and in need of me?"

"You know I don't want you to get hurt." She spoke, pulling back and gazing into his deer eyes, caressing his face in both of her hands. "I need you besides me always, safe and sound."

"And I will be. As long as you're safe, so am I, okay? We'll get through this together. It's just a small obstacle. We'll overcome it." He said, holding her wrist and rubbing his thumb gently on them.

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise." He answered in a heartbeat.

Rosé brought his face close to hers, gently kissing him on his lips. He felt how worked up she was through it, so he pulled her up to his lap and continued kissing her deeply, running his hands up and down her body gently and slowly to calm her down. So much happened in the span of one week and both of them were overwhelmed to say the least.