~PART ONE~ [Chapter 10] Elisa's Party

It was Saturday. The day of the party at Elisa's. Also the day after Lexy left for New Jersey. The same day she left, at the pizza parlor Pete dragged me to to meet up with Andy and Joe and grab something to eat, the guys and I decided to meet up one last time before the party so we could make sure the new song and our other songs that we were going to perform were perfect.

But as soon as Pete dropped me off at my house, even with the reminder we were meeting up tomorrow, I forgot. The only thing I could think about was Lexy and how she was gone. I had even written down a few lyrics I was hoping to incorporate into a new song in my notebook.

Best friends
Ex-friends till the end
Better off as lovers
And not the other way around

It wasn't much, but hopefully with a little help from Pete, we could make a song out of it. Anyways, back to me forgetting about meeting up to practice. I was lying in my bed after finally falling asleep around three in the morning when my mom burst into my room, announcing that my friends were here.

"What?" I groaned as I sat up and shielded my eyes from the blinding light that shone through my windows which my mom had opened. I looked over at the clock on my desk. It was 11:35 in the morning. I scratched my head - it felt like I had just fallen asleep.

"You heard me," She retorted snappily, "Get dressed and brush your teeth! They're waiting downstairs for you! Hurry up!"

I rolled my eyes and dragged myself out of bed. I fell asleep in the clothes I wore yesterday, so I didn't even bother changing. I went into the bathroom to fix my hair a little so it was acceptable looking and did a quick swish of mouthwash before running downstairs and finding my friends in the foyer, messing with each other to pass the time.

"Hey guys," I greeted, rubbing my eyes because I was still half asleep.

"Weren't those the clothes you wore yesterday?" Andy inquired.

"No," I snapped at him, "Now come on, we have until...what? Seven?" I inquired, turning around and leading them downstairs to the basement.

"Yeah, but Marie told us that Elisa said we can come earlier if we need to set up or anything," Joe answered.

"Talking to Marie, huh?" Pete teased, elbowing him in the arm, "Soon enough the two of you will be getting married!" Joe rolled his eyes and walked over to his guitar that he left at my house time and time again, always telling me he'll take it home soon, but he never does.

Andy sat down at his drum set and picked up his drum sticks, "I think we should go early. It's never bad to be a little early, right?" He chuckled.

*****

We ended up showing up at the party later than expected. Pete had an idea for the new song we'd been working on for the past few days and it took at least four hours before we decided to just keep what he had originally worked on. Then we had to create a set list and, since usually Lexy took care of that, we had a little trouble with picking which songs we were doing or not.

There were so many people already at the house when we arrived we didn't even know if Elisa knew we were there. We walked into her large house that might've even been considered a mansion. People were everywhere, and I'm almost positive each and every person had a red plastic Solo cup in their hands. It was all so overwhelming, I was tempted to leave. But then Marie popped up in the crowd and made her way over to us.

"I thought you guys were coming early!" She shouted over the loud chatter that filled the crowded foyer. "Elisa's been waiting for you!" She grabbed Joe's hand and dragged him up the stairs that led to the space that overlooked the foyer. We all followed after the two of them, coming to the stage that had been set up. Amps were stacked on top of each other and were blasting music from the DJ stand set up in the corner.

Marie walked up behind someone and tapped them on their shoulder. The person turned around and I realized it was Spencer's girlfriend, Elisa.

I couldn't hear what they said to each other, but the next I know the music stopped playing and Elisa was by the DJ stand with a microphone in her hand, "Hey everyone! FALL OUT BOY IS HERE!" She announced excitedly, throwing her free hand in our direction. Applause and cheer replaced the chatter that once filled the room. She laughed and handed the microphone over, motioning for us to start playing. The four of us got in our positions and started off the set with "Sugar, We're Going Down".

*****

After about an hour and a half of performing to the best of my abilities, the four of us decided to take a break. Panic! took our places and glared at us as they got ready to perform. We smirked and walked away. The four of us walked down the stairs together, but once at the bottom, we went our separate ways.

Normally I wouldn't even come to these things, so I didn't know what to do. But Pete went to go find Jennifer. He didn't even know if she was there, but he was going to go look for her. Andy said he was going to see if he could find the girl he met at the homecoming. Joe stayed with me for a little before telling me he was going to try and talk to Marie. As for me, I kind of just stood there. Alone. I wouldn't be alone if Lexy was here. Since I had no one really to talk to, I found my way to the kitchen where I was hoping I could find a drink or two.

I walked into the crowded kitchen and pushed my way over to the counter, where I grabbed a red Solo cup and put it under the nozzle of the water cooler that most definitely wasn't filled with water. I was about to put the cup to my lips when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Elisa. "Oh hey," I greeted, turning around.

"Hi. I just wanted to tell you that I thought you and your band were amazing!" She exclaimed, a smile growing on her face. She leaned in and whispered, "Don't tell my boyfriend, but I think your band is slightly better than his." She giggled and took a step back. I could smell the alcohol on her breath.

I laughed, "Well, thanks. I'm glad you're a fan."

"Elisa," She introduced herself, sticking her hand out for a handshake.

"Patrick," I retorted, placing my hand in hers and shaking it up and down.

"Patrick," She repeated with a smile on her face, "Want to come to my room? So we can talk to each other without yelling?"

"S-sure," I stuttered, allowing her to take my hand and lead me to her room which was upstairs. I made eye contact with Spencer and watched as he eyed us down as Elisa dragged me to her bedroom.

She led me into the bedroom as large as my bedroom and my brother's bedroom combined and closed the door behind us, the music and chatter becoming muffled. She giggled as she set down her cup down on her desk and spun around, flopping down on her bed. "I don't think I've ever had a party this crazy," She told me. I nodded my head in understanding and took a sip of the drink I had taken with me. She sat up and said, "You know who you remind me of?"

"Who?" I retorted, setting down my drink beside hers.

She got back to her feet and approached me, slinging her arms around my neck and pulling herself uncomfortably close to me. "Well, there's this guy in my school," She ran her finger down my chest and looked up at me with brown eyes, "His name is Patrick too. Except he's not as popular or as handsome as you are..." She grabbed me by the collar and pulled me close to her, pressing her lips against mine and running her fingers through my hair. My eyes widened.